Thursday, August 5, 2010

Calliopsis Flowers


Wow, I can't believe it's Thursday again already which means it's time for another DDSB challenge!  This week the Digi Doodle Shop's Best were challenged to create a card using their favorite stamp.  I love all the Digi Doodle Shop images but flowers are by far my favorite.  Choosing just one favorite from all the flowers was impossible so I decided to find a new favorite flower image, one I haven't played with before and then I found it... Calliopsis!

My card base is PTI Dark Brown layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Yoyo Yellow followed by a 3 x 4 piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock finished on one side using the Eyelet Border Punch.  I wrapped lace then ribbon around the PTI White and taped the ends down on the backside before attaching to the card base. 

The image was colored in using copic markers then die cut and embossed using the Labels One Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added pearl dew drops in each corner and a beautiful bow finished off with a yellow button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you find your favorite stamp and come play along with me at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Calliopsis (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: White and Dark Chocolate (PaperTrey Ink), Wild Wasabi and Yoyo Yellow (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Copics Y15, Y26, YG63, YG67
  • Other: Eyelet Border Punch (Stampin' Up), Labels One Nestabilities, Lace, Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

18 comments:

Carrie said...

There you are again using my favorite green :) I really like the black lace on here too

Patty said...

Beautiful! Love the color combination you used here Karen. Can't wait to get organized so I can craft again!

Pascale said...

Gorgeous card I love the colours. I agree such a hard choice from the wondrous stamps that are on offer. I ended up using 2. Hugs Pascale

Judy said...

Another beautiful job hun. You have such a unique style,...I know your card soon as I see them.

Hugs
Judy

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Karen, I love all your flower cards from Digi Doodle Shop.... You do such a great job wih flowers and for sure this is no exception....

Harriet

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Karen :-) The flowers are beautiful and the papers and colours you used are lovely ,,, fab embellies too :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful flowers and I love that touch of lace and pearls.
So pretty.
Lynn

Margreet said...

beautiful card Karen....love your lace......thanks for joining FFF
xxx Margreet

Our Little Inspirations said...

That delicate lace looks fabulous with those pretty flowers! It's so soft and feminine with those pretty pearls!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Beautifully done, Karen! Love the lace on your card too!

Monika Reeck said...

Love all the yellow on your card and the lace is soooo pretty Karen...perfect with this Images....hugs, Monika

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Karen!

jo said...

So pretty! Love the colors! :)

Karen said...

Very pretty Karen.
xx

Carla aka scrappypug said...

How pretty.....love the yellow! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Laura said...

WOW! what a cute image,You did a fantastic job with it.I love that lace.

Katja of Katzz said...

Another pretty flowercard!!!

Greetings,
Katja

Jóna said...

Love how you pick colors to use together. Beautiful card Karen :o)
Hugs, Jóna