Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cranberry Tulips


I love everything about this card... the layout, digital image, color combo and of course the embellishments!  Am I allowed to drool over my own card, LOL!!!  The layout for this card was inspired by the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #28.  The beautiful Tulip is a digital image from KLM Designs.  I titled this card Cranberry Tulips because of the Cranberry Crisp cardstock I used, love that too!

My card base is Cranberry Crisp layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Polka Dot patterned paper.  The shadow layer is a 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip of distressed Cranberry Crisp cardstock.  Next I added three 1/2 x 3 3/4 distressed strips of Mellow Moss cardstock finished on both ends with a small gold brad.

The image measures 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 and was first colored in using Watercolor Wonder Crayons but didn't look quite vibrant enough so I colored over it using my copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Cranberry Crisp cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a bow using 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon and finished it off with a button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Tulip (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Mellow Moss, PTI White and Polka Dot Patterned Paper (Wild Asparagus Memories Collection)
  • Ink: Copics BG93, BG99, E07, E09
  • Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Small Gold Brads, Edge Distresser, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Paper
CHALLENGES:

23 comments:

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This card is lovely, the colors are great together.

Susan said...

gorgeous card

Our Little Inspirations said...

Of course you can drool!! I'll even send you a bib (after I'm done drooling that is) :D
Seriously, this is really awesome with those great colors and that fun sketch!!

jimlynn said...

Hi Karen! You can drool all you want because I'm going to drool with you!!! So pretty!
Lynn

Laura said...

Wow! Karen I'm loving all your color combos.I will be using some of these colors.especially your, you got mail card!TFS

Cindy's Card Co said...

Love that card.

Alissa said...

Oh my God Karen I was playing with that exact same paper today. I love what you did with it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, that's one powerful color combo - just luscious! Haven't used the new Cranberry Crisp CS yet, but you have really inspired me to order some! Wonderful 3-D project! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Fairy Fun Friday!

Lorraine A said...

I LOVE your card too !!! absolutely GORGEOUS !!the tulips are beautiful and the papers and embellies are all perfect, the bow with the button is just THE perfect finishing touch :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

you could enter this into the PTW Challenge too ,, white and bright ! :-)

Sew-Ink said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the layout is great!

SaDeBuque said...

very pretty card! i just love red, so the color combo is perfect in my book lol :) thanks so much for sharing, its just perfect!

Sue said...

lovely use of colour and fab choice of layout.Stunning card.
Thanks for playing FFF
Sue x

debb said...

Stunning card- you should LOVE it- I know I do! Love the colors!

Robin said...

Karen that is a beautiful card! of course you can drool over it .. it deserves it

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen!! ...and such a beautiful image! I LOVE the cranberry & moss color combo! Great Sketch this week!!
Tammy x

Cor* said...

Of course you are allowed to drool over your own card when it is this fabulous. I love the colors, sketch and layout as well! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us at FFF this week. good luck (ps- could you pls turn off your word verification as it makes commenting more efficient) thanks .

gina g said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and colours. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card! I'm droolin' too. I really like this sketch, it's a keeper!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Hun, your cards are gorgeous, love the colours in this one, so stunning and looks fab with that layout,

Have you tried comment moderation for your blog I got some spam on and I just deleted it before it could get to my blog, just a thought hun,
Hugs Liz xx

Just A Pac Rat said...

Wow, I am drooling too! I love those colors and great job on the sketch! Just Beautiful!!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful card..Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Jo said...

just lovely!

Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at the Stamp Man xx

Faye said...

Oooh, this is clean, crisp, fresh, gorgeous and very memorable. I love it. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xx