Sunday, August 29, 2010

Daisy Flower Vase


Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a great weekend so far!  We took in the Minnesota State Fair this weekend and had a blast!  The weather was perfect, the food delicious and the entertainment absolutely fabulous!  Those of you from Texas and the surrounding area will know how much a treat it was for us to see country music singer, Jeff Allen.  He made his first appearance at the state fair this year.

As for today's card, the Daisy Vase is a cute digital image from Bugaboo Stamps.  It is hard to tell in this photo but I used my new Atyou Spica Pens to highlight the flowers.  I won the Spica Pens from my good friend Shelly, My Creative Rumblings, during her one year anniversary blog hop.  Since I made this card I've had more time to play with the pens and have to say they are awesome to work with!

I wanted to embellish this card with just the clear buttons but couldn't figure out how to attach them without the adhesive showing through so I ended up backing the buttons with cardstock.  To hold the cardstock in place I punched the button holes then threaded the buttons with some DMC White.

Hope you have a fabulous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Daisy Vase (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Passion, PTI White and Rainbow Sorbet Patterned Paper (BasicGrey Lollipop Shoppe Collection)
  • Ink: Copics Y11, BG05, G14, R29, RV17, RV34
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Clear Buttons, DMC White, Scallop Edge Punch, Atyou Spica Pens, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

23 comments:

Debsg said...

I love vases and flowers. Wish my house was full of them!

Mummylade said...

such an adorable card. I'm so glad you joined my garden challenge at Allsorts this week, good luck!

Becky said...

This is so Bright-Bold & Beautiful :)

jimlynn said...

Very pretty Karen! As always your paper piercing is just fabulous - I'm still in the practice stage on that I'm afraid.....BUT I do refer to the tutorial you had!
Lynn

Andrea said...

Very sweet card - loveley details. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the image and the great colors you used. TFS

Amber said...

Great card... I really like the clean, bold look of the colors!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Thank you for playing with the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Carrie said...

Oh this is so beautiful..Love the bold colours.. Thanks for joining in CES 1st challenge xx

Tara said...

I'm so happy you could join us for the first challenge at CES this week Karen! Your card is super stylish!
Hugs Tara xx

Paige said...

Your cards always delight! this one is so pretty and full of cheer!

Kristi said...

Lovely card! I really need to get a paper piercer:I love that look! Just wanted say that I have a kitty named TC that looks very much like your Tinker!

Ann Schach said...

What a cute image, and perfectly colored! The paper piercing is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining The Paper Players in our challenge this week!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Love the card, it is so bright and just makes you smile. Very creative to attach the buttons.

Manuela said...

Hi Karen! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog and the great link.
Hugs, Manuela

Our Little Inspirations said...

Such wonderful colors on this great card! I love those little vases!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your card! And, I'd love it if we lived close enough to hang out together and makes lots of fun cards!

Nance said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! I love those clear buttons--great idea with the cardstock behind. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Hands On said...

Cute card. I think the buttons look perfect backed with paper! Thanks for playing with paper players.

CraftyC said...

Love the colours Karen.Thanks for taking part in the first C.E.S Challenge. Hope you can join us again soon!
Clairexx

brenda said...

A really super card, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s: Did you know we are looking for new DT memebrs at our sister challenge Penny Black at Allsorts http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Loving the simple elegance and clean lines!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Simple and sweet - I love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Bee Crafty!

Deanne :)