Saturday, August 21, 2010

Frankie the Football Player


Although I'm not a huge football fan, I had lots of fun playing with this little Football Player from KLM Digital Designs!  Of course, since I live in Minnesota my husband insisted that I color the little boy as a Vikings fan!!!  Would love to create a card coloring the little boy as a Packers fan... after all Brett Favre has been playing for the Vikings lately.  Wonder how well that would go over with my husband, LOL!!!  I'd love to hear what colors you'd use on your little football player!!!

My card base is a half sheet of brown Bazzill cardstock folded in half.  Next I added three strips of Yoyo Yellow cardstock each measuring 1 1/2 x 3 down the right side of the card which is supposed to resemble a football field although my husband doesn't think so since the paper is not green and lacks the white numbers.  Will have to try that on the Packers fan card right!  Over these strips I layered a 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip of Elegant Eggplant then a 1/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Yoyo Yellow on the outer edge.  This layout is really great for using up those scraps laying around.

The image measures 2 1/2 x 4 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of that brown Bazzill cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added two small brown buttons on each strip of  Yoyo Yellow cardstock.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Football Player (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Brown (Bazzill), Yoyo Yellow, Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up) and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics Y08, B34, V17, E00, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Buttons, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

30 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Super cute! I love the colors and layout of this great card! You could make it any color of the rainbow - I'm not a football fan! LOL

Maria Matter said...

oh I LOVE football! I'm so ready for football season to be in full swing...one reason fall is my fav season! lol

Your little player is just darling and this design is very cool!
HUGS!

Robin said...

such a cute card!

I would have to color him green and gold .. being across the river from you Wisconsin I am a Packers Fan! and also our school colors are Green and Gold so I would definitely go with those colors

I think whatever colors you chose that little guy would be way cute!

Jennifer said...

GREAT boy card. Thanks for joining us at Stampinsanity.

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is very cute, love your coloring, guess I don't have too much of a preference, he would be cute in any color. Great jog.

Laura said...

I would have to say I would color him Red and white if I was going with my sons High school FB team.Or Red And Gold for the 49ers!
49er FAN!!!
You did an awesome job on the card.

jimlynn said...

Very cute Karen.......but I would just HAVE to use blue and silver for the Dallas Cowboys! I'm afraid I'd be kicked out of the house otherwise!!!
Lynn

Cheryl said...

Very cute! Great card! I think he needs to be in green and gold though. Go Packers!

I love the paper piercing you did. It adds just that little something. Perfect!

Cat said...

Great card! Perfect masculine card, too! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Frankie is really cute and I love the sketch layout! Hey! Congratulations on your win at Speedy The Cat & Friends!

Beth said...

Super cute!! I think he is a wonderful little Vikes fan. :) Thanks for sharing your fab project with us at StampInsanity!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card! Looks like you've got Farve back too! I would have to make it Chicago colors......! TFS

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is adorable and you did a good job on your color choices!

Carrie said...

Super adorable Karen and great layout. Mine would be Steelers all the way... go Black and Gold!

Wendy said...

This card is too cute! Love the image. My little football player would have to resemble a Carolina Panther.

Annie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. your football fella is so cute - great boys card!
hugs, annie x

Julie said...

Another great card! I find your Feline playful site so very useful that I have added a link to it on my blog post today. Thank you so very much for telling me about it. Hope you're having a great weekend,Julie.x

Jane said...

What a fab card great for a little boy. Thanks for playing at StampinSanity
Luv Jane xxx

Ann English said...

Mighty cute! Great little boy card. So glad you joined us for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls this week :)

Paige said...

I don't enjoy watching football, but would be coloring in the MN Viking colors too, for DH and DSs!

Loretta Rodger said...

This card is so cute! Love the way you colored the image!

Please come visit my blog!

Http://www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Fantastic Boy's Card :) Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Sarah A said...

Wow this is a great card, perfect for any football fan and the colours of their team would be a perfect touch!

Thanks for joining us over on Incy Wincy Designs this week.

Sarah x

Paul said...

Great use of scraps. I love digi images and a chance to use up those scraps with the Digital Tuesday challenge was great. Now I'm enjoying looking at what others made - such inspiration!
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Laurel said...

This is too cute! thanks for playing at S2G!

Lynda said...

Love your 'inspired' card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

margie c said...

Adorable card! I love the color combo and layout you used! Such a sweet boy image :)
Thanks for playing along with us at StampInsanity Stamps!
hugs, margie

Gina said...

Very nice, I love those mini buttons. Great layout too. Thanks for playing along with us at S2G this week.

Alison said...

Great card! It's great to see a boy card! Thanks for playing along with StampInsanity!

Kate's Makes said...

Great card, it's really striking and effective! Thanks for playing along with the SFTW challenge and good luck :o) Kate x