Although I'm not a huge football fan, I had lots of fun playing with this little Football Player from KLM Digital Designs! Of course, since I live in Minnesota my husband insisted that I color the little boy as a Vikings fan!!! Would love to create a card coloring the little boy as a Packers fan... after all Brett Favre has been playing for the Vikings lately. Wonder how well that would go over with my husband, LOL!!! I'd love to hear what colors you'd use on your little football player!!!
My card base is a half sheet of brown Bazzill cardstock folded in half. Next I added three strips of Yoyo Yellow cardstock each measuring 1 1/2 x 3 down the right side of the card which is supposed to resemble a football field although my husband doesn't think so since the paper is not green and lacks the white numbers. Will have to try that on the Packers fan card right! Over these strips I layered a 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip of Elegant Eggplant then a 1/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Yoyo Yellow on the outer edge. This layout is really great for using up those scraps laying around.
The image measures 2 1/2 x 4 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of that brown Bazzill cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added two small brown buttons on each strip of Yoyo Yellow cardstock.
Hope you have a great day!
- Stamps: Football Player (KLM Designs)
- Paper: Brown (Bazzill), Yoyo Yellow, Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up) and PTI White
- Ink: Copics Y08, B34, V17, E00, E43, E44, E47
- Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Buttons, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
- Incy Wincy Designs - use yellow as the main color
- Stamps R Us - all male theme
- Digital Tuesday - use your scraps
- Shirleys 2 Girls - schooltime theme, use yellow
- Stamp Insanity - buttons and buttercup yellow
- Daring Cardmakers - inspired by a design on clothing (vikings jacket)
- Stampin' for the Weekend - anything goes
- Stamp Something - use something digi (image)