Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hanging On


At the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week we were challenged to use some form of distressing!  I not only inked the edges of the three cardstock squares but also distressed the background paper using Sandy Allnock's Wax Resist Background Tutorial.  Although I completely forgot to crinkle the wax paper first my background turned out wonderful!!!  The cute little kitten Hanging On for it's dear life is a digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.

My card base is Old Olive layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI then the distressed background made using PTI White and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The three squares are 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 pieces of distressed Real Red cardstock.  I wrapped white organdy ribbon around the distressed background and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image measures 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Old Olive cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a bow made with white organdy ribbon and two flowers punched from Real Red cardstock using the Trio Flower Punch.  To add a little sparkle I finished off the card by adding a red gem in the center of each flower.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Hanging On (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, PTI White
  • Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Copics E34, E37, E44, E47, R46, R89, YG93, YG97
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Organdy Ribbon, Trio Flower Punch, Gems, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

22 comments:

Andrea said...

This is so cute, and I love the colours!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)
Andrea

Judy said...

Hi hun,

Another wonderful card from you. I really love the rich colors on this one. Very nice!!!

Hugs
Judy

KymKreates said...

wonderful job and thanks so much for the new technique. I am always looking for new ideas!

Kym

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful & gorgeous card, Karen. The colors so warm & pretty!

jimlynn said...

So cute - and yes, I DO love that background paper. Great card.
Lynn

Pascale said...

Oh wow Karen love that technique for the background and I adore this image used so perfectly. Hugs Pascale

Karen said...

So cute Karen.
xx

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! Love how the small punched flowers match the flowers on the image! Adorable image, beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining FFF and the punch it challenge theme!

Hege xx

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Karen I love the pop of red on your main Images...you really did a great job on coloring and love always your paper piercing...GREAT card dear....hugs, Monika

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Karen :-) the image is very cute and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-) love the bow too :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a fabulous card...love that background and the colors and image are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Carrie said...

Adorable as usual :) Love the layout on this one with the 3 squares behind the image.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet!! I so love your layout and the cute image! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Patty said...

Adorable card Karen! I love the colors. The wax resist is such a fun technique.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Perfect!! Love the image. Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the image- and the L.O.- I love the three squares behind the main image with distressing. TFS

Mina said...

I love that cute image Karen, great colour choice for it...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Jóna said...

You have used this adorable image too, love it and have to try some day too.Love the lo and the colors you use. Great card !
Hugs, Jóna

Amber said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!
Hugs
Amber

jo said...

So cute! :)

Alizabethy said...

such a fabulous card!

Sandy said...

I've been catching up on your blog, and had to stop to comment on this one - that kitty is the cutest lil thang! You can make anything look cute, though, I bet!!!

Hugs, girlfriend!