Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hummingbird Vase


I'm a HUGE fan of sketch challenges and so happy I've had time to participate in a couple lately. Today's layout was inspired by the sketch challenge at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays. I left off the smaller layer in the lower right corner because I made the shadow layer too big and ran out of space!  The Hummingbird Vase is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps. This is my first digital image from Bugaboo Stamps and I really like how easy it is to color. I paired the Hummingbird Vase with this beautiful A Day In The Life stripe and turquoise patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Magnolia collection.

My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with a slightly smaller piece of Turquoise then distressed Stripe patterned paper. The shadow layer is a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of Turquoise patterned paper layered with a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  It is hard to tell in the photo but I wrapped grosgrain ribbon around this piece and tied the ends down on the back side. I then made a bow with the same ribbon and attached it in front using glue dots.

The image was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers. I rounded the corners then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. The metal photo hangers are from Stampin' Up's Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware. I attached the photo hangers then added the grosgrain ribbon before attaching the image to the card base with mounting tape. To further embellish the card I added two large gems on the shadow layer.

Hope you have a fabulous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Hummingbird Vase (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, PTI White, Stripe and Turquoise Patterned Paper (A Day In The Life, My Minds Eye Magnolia Collection)
  • Ink: Copics YG13, BG18, E47, YR14, YR18
  • Other: Edge Distresser, Gems, Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware (Stampin' Up), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

28 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

The colors and design on this card are fabulous, simply FABULOUS!! Love the hardware accents!

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous colors and papers on this wonderful card, Karen!! I love that sweet image!!

Thank you so much for sharing this fun and fabulous design in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's flower challenge!!

Jeanette said...

I love the colors that you used and the touch of distressing at the edges is a nice touch. I love anything with hummingbirds. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with I Did It Creations.

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful card Karen!! One of my favorites images too.

Dawn Mercedes said...

...thanks for playing with Speedy's friends! SKetch challenges are my favorite as well! Like that birdie!

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful card Karen love the colours. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT.
Carol Ann xx

jimlynn said...

Oh so pretty! Like that image too. The layout is just fabulous. Super card.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Perfect image for this layout- love your colors too! Oh- and congrats for being in the Fav's of the week over at SCS!

Courtney said...

Another beautiful card Karen! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the DP anf great layout!

Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous colors! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carrie said...

I love the little pops of orange you have on this card. This is a fabulous color combo!!! Such a pretty card

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Karen thanks for your lovely Blogs Feline Playful...I see this challenge from your lovely blog and I love the pop of orange too on your card totally wonderful Karen...I am joining too this challenge from Anything goes :) would you mind to see my blog dear...hugs..Monika

Rebekah said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

TinaB said...

Wonderful card!! Thank you for playing at The Character cafe! Hugs Tina X

Dazie said...

What a great layout! I love the colours and the ribbon brilliant card!
thanks for joining us at cyda
Dazie
x

jackiescrafts said...

Love the layout and colours in this card

Thanks for joining in at CYDA for our first challenge

Jackie x

Padster said...

Just beautiful - thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations this week
Hugs Debbie xx

Bev said...

What a beautiful card! I love the image & colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Joanne (jojot) said...

great mix of image and dp...lovely work...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Lau W said...

Love the design, very nice card !
xxx

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely card.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

Kendra said...

Thanks for joining us at TCC this week! I love your creation... so cute :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What beautiful, rich colors! And I love that image! Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!

Fink said...

The gems add the right amount of sparkle! Thanks for joining us at TCC!

Gemma said...

a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our Pack a Punch challenge this week! Gemma :)

veronica said...

love your colors! pretty.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful! I love the metal pieces!! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

Deanne :)