Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Miss You


Wow, I can't believe how fast this past month flew by!  Already it is August and I'm starting to think about holiday cards!  Not today though, today I want to share with you a card I made inspired by the Friday Sketchers Sketch Challenge #113.  With my image it worked better flipping the sketch upside down.  The Tulip image is one of my favorite from the Digi Doodle Shop and hope you like it as much as I do because there are more cards I've created with it to come, LOL! 

My card base is Real Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Wild Wasabi cardstock.  I wrapped strips of white grosgrain ribbon around the PTI White before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  The Wild Wasabi was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.

The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers then cut out using my Creative Memories Ovals Cutting System.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the For Every Occassion stamp set from Close To My Heart and punched out using the small oval punch. 

My large oval punch was too large so I ended up trimming the Real Red layer using my scissors.  To embellish the card I made a bow from more of the white grosgrain ribbon and finished it off with a red button threaded with DMC White.  I also added a pearl dew drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Tulip (Digi Doodle Shop) and For Every Occassion (CTMH)
  • Paper: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, PTI White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics R27, R39, YG63, YG67
  • Other: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Dew Drops, 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Creative Memories Ovals Cutting System, Small and Large Oval Punches, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

26 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Karen
a beautiful card, lovely image, luv the colour combo,lovely design, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Kim Sonksen said...

Nice card Karen
Thanks so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

Leah the Orange said...

hi Karen - very pretty! love the colours and the way you've used the sketch. i'm a little puzzled as to how the sentiment is "punny", but glad you've played with us at Some Odd Girl!

Lisa said...

Lovely card. Fabulous colours, I love red! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man Challenge.

jimlynn said...

It's a beauty, Karen!!! Lovely card.
Lynn

Katja of Katzz said...

What can i say about this card... Every card you make is very pretty and beautiful!!!
Greetings,
Katja

Monika Reeck said...

I love all your card flower using Digi Doodle Shop images all are so crisp and lovely Karen....This is also so wonderful...hope to see you again on my Blog...hugs, your DDSB Pal...Monika

Julie M said...

Lovely card, Karen. Great image, super colour combo - and I love that white ribbon with the red button centre.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Jean Addis said...

Your card is beautiful...very striking colors. Thanks for the heads up on your sketch blog.

Our Little Inspirations said...

this looks great in the red, white and green! Beautiful coloring and what a pretty image!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is a beautiful card Karen, the I miss you is nice over laping onto the bigger oval. I like it! ;)

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Karen :-) The flowers are gorgeous and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Carrie said...

I'm right there with you. Starting on halloween first then moving on to Christmas...I'm behind LOL Love this card..that tulip is beautiful

debby4000 said...

This is so gorgeous Karen.
luv
Debby

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

I absolutely love your card.... I love how you use the bright vibrant colors and make it image pop.....

Harriet

Edith said...

Thanks for your kind words on my last card Karen! I just discovered yours and I am a new follower of your two blogs. I love your work. Very pretty cards:)
Hugs, Edith

Denise and Louise said...

Love this card - the colours really go well together and your colouring is lovely.

Denise xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card! Love that flower images.... great colors and ribbon treatment. :o) Thank you for playing along with us at DDCC.

Rosanne said...

Lovely card!

Suzi said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour combo and that pretty flower image. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aw this is so pretty! I love the ribbon with the button!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Paige said...

Karen your cards are always so perfectly created!

Craftyanny said...

oh Karen this is just adorable, such a sweet card

Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Amber said...

Darling card Karen, love it!
Hugs
Amber

Basslady said...

a delicious flower-card! love it!

xoxo silvi (germany)

This N That said...

This card is simply wonderful! Is there a sentiment on the inside as well that would help my see the Pun? Either way, its beautiful and thanks so much for playing with the odd girls!