Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just For You... Goldilocks


This week Michelle Perkett Studios meets Operation Write Home (OWH) and team up for an awesome challenge on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog as well as the Michelle Perkett Studios challenge blog.  For my card creation today I used Goldilocks and paired her up with some lovely purple patterned paper from DCWV.  Goldilocks is available as a freebie for a limited time along with Mary Margaret on the OWH Stars and Stamps challenge blog.

My card base is Kraft layered with a slightly smaller piece of DCWV purple cardstock then PTI White.  The patterned paper is also from a DCWV paper pack I picked up at JoAnn's years ago and was cut 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 then angled so that only the edges of the PTI White are showing.  The shadow layer is a 3 1/4 x 2 1/2 piece of Kraft cardstock.  I wrapped organdy ribbon around it and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image measures 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers.  I layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of dark puple cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Just For You stamp from Hero Arts.  To embellish the card I add two buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you had a great weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Goldilocks (Michelle Perkett Studios) and Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: White and Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Cardstock and Patterned Paper (DCWV)
  • Ink: Copics RV91, RV93, RV95, V06, E00, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Organdy Ribbon, Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

15 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen, your Goldilocks is gorgeous! I love the patterned paper and the kraft, oh ya! Great layout and the buttons with the bows in them, wow ;)

I'm so glad you were able to play along with us at Operation Write Home as well as at Michelle Perkett Studio! I have a sneak peak for you on the MPS blog, Willow just arrived check her out she's beautiful!
http://michelleperkettstudio.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

Very cute! Love that layout too.
Lynn

Michelle said...

Hi Karen, this is such a sweet card with my Goldilocks image, just love the colors and your pretty embellishments! Thank you for joining Michelle Perkett Studio and OWH this week!:)

Alissa said...

Oh Karen that is so cute! I love that stamp and the way you colored her. Also love that background color. GORGEOUS!

Kim E said...

Very cute card. Love the image. Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week. Hugs, Kim

Carrie said...

Beautiful colors. I like how you off set the one layer. Godilocks is colored beautifully

Andrea said...

Such a cute card! Gorgeous image, and I love your colours!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)

Andrea

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Karen, what a lovely card, the purple with the kraft goes so well together. I love your buttons and bows too, a great touch!. Thanks for joining our challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio this week, hope to see you again next week.
hugs Marilyn

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours you've used - stunning!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Michelle Perkett Studios, hope to see you again next week
Claire xx

margie c said...

Such a sweet card! Love the colors! Very pretty :)
Thank you so much for your challenge blog link! It's so thoughtful of you to share it with us!
Happy Monday!
hugs, margie

Tammy said...

Karen, she is sooo adorable! I love the colors with the Kraft cs! Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along this week at MPS!
Tammy

Andrea said...

I love these colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week! Hugs~ Andrea

Crafty Creations said...

Well, she is very cute!! I wish I could use digis, but my printer/ink don't like my gamsol!!!
I will check out your sister-blog!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Maria

Julie said...

What a fab job you've done with Goldilocks. i love the purple and Kraft together. Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studios!
Julie x

Linda said...

Wonderful card! I love the image. Thanks for joining us at SSDS.