Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just For You


Hi everyone!  Yesterday I took the day off and hung out with our close friends and their twin girls, Ava and Sophia!  The little girl in this image totally reminds me of Sophia so I couldn't resist making a card with this really cute SUMMER digital image from Sliekje's Digi Stamps.  It is supposed to be 95 here again today which is hot for Minnesota. Normally when it is this hot my husband and I head to Duluth, a beautiful harbor town on Lake Superior.  I love walking along the beach and looking out over the rough blue water.  If we are lucky we may see a ship or two moving through the harbor.

My card base today is Bazzill cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then various patterned papers from a DCWV paper pack I picked up from JoAnn's years ago.  I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner Punch.  The image measures 2 x 3 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers.  Sophia has beautiful red hair so I tried to pick a color that resembles her hair yet coordinates with my patterned paper.  I distressed the edges of the image and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Bazzill cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape. 

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Just For You stamp from Hero Arts.  To embellish the card I layered paper flowers and finished it off with a large rhinestone in the center.  I placed the flower in the upper right corner hoping it would mirror the sun shining in the patterned paper behind her.  A medium rhinestone was added in each of the punched corners.

Hope you have lots of fun today whatever you end up doing!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Summer (Sliekje's Digi Stamps) and Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, PTI White, DCWV Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E00, E11, E13, E15, E43, E44, B23, G82, G94
  • Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Flowers, Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), Edge Distresser, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

26 comments:

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is darling! LOVE that little image....so sweet. I can't believe how many challenges this fit!!! WOW!
Lynn

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love the colors! I seem to be drawn to orange and teal lately... What a cute little girl, enjoy your weekend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love that sweet image- and love your card- great colors! TFS

Alissa said...

Aww Karen what an adorable tribute to little Sophia. It came out great! Thanks for submitting it to the Stamps R Us challenge blog!

JustYolie said...

Great coloring job! Super cute card!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Karen
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Tracey said...

Such a cute card Karen :) Thanks for your other blog listing all the challenges too - very helpful.

Have a great week!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Paige said...

sweet and delightful!

Marianne said...

Hi Karen,
What a nice card. My mom was born in Duluth and remembers the scene you describe on the lake. Thank you for the memory.

helloholley said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend!!!! Your card is adorable....happy stampin'

Lindsey said...

Cute! Love these colours and the clean lines. This is my sort of card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week xx

Clare Brown said...

this card is just perfect for ssummertime and the colours are so sand and sea like.Thanks for sharing this week at abc.

hugs Clare x

Faye said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Great card lovely layout, colour, good luck & thanks for playing at OSCC, Janet

Laura said...

So cute! what a fun image and beautiful paper

Sharon Caudle said...

super, super cute card!!! I think she's just so adorable!! I love it! thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs
Sharon

Jackie said...

A real cutey card, and defo summery... thank you for joining us at KKKGC this week x

Jennifer said...

Stunning card. Lovely image, great l/o...thanks for joining us at F'n'F xx Jenny xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet card Karen!! Love your coloring of the cute image and your colors. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light, three of something challenge!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Karen, what a fun card and such a fabulous take on this weeks Shining hte Light Challenge overat ODBD!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Francesca said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Francesca
p.s I have candy on my blog if your interested

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the gems and that cute striped paper!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

rosalien said...

Very nice card.:) Thanks for playing with DC.

Rosalien

Carrie said...

Love the colors and mix of papers on this card really catches your eye. That little girl image is just too cute and is perfect for this summer style card

Chrissy D said...

Such a CUTE card! Love the clean lines! Thanks for playing in the ODBDSLC this week! We hope you will join us again!

Tami said...

I like the little girl with the glasses. Aly wears glasses and she reminds me of her.