Hi everyone! Yesterday I took the day off and hung out with our close friends and their twin girls, Ava and Sophia! The little girl in this image totally reminds me of Sophia so I couldn't resist making a card with this really cute SUMMER digital image from Sliekje's Digi Stamps. It is supposed to be 95 here again today which is hot for Minnesota. Normally when it is this hot my husband and I head to Duluth, a beautiful harbor town on Lake Superior. I love walking along the beach and looking out over the rough blue water. If we are lucky we may see a ship or two moving through the harbor.
My card base today is Bazzill cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then various patterned papers from a DCWV paper pack I picked up from JoAnn's years ago. I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner Punch. The image measures 2 x 3 and was printed on PTI White then colored in using copic markers. Sophia has beautiful red hair so I tried to pick a color that resembles her hair yet coordinates with my patterned paper. I distressed the edges of the image and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Bazzill cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.
The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Just For You stamp from Hero Arts. To embellish the card I layered paper flowers and finished it off with a large rhinestone in the center. I placed the flower in the upper right corner hoping it would mirror the sun shining in the patterned paper behind her. A medium rhinestone was added in each of the punched corners.
Hope you have lots of fun today whatever you end up doing!
- Stamps: Summer (Sliekje's Digi Stamps) and Just For You (Hero Arts)
- Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, PTI White, DCWV Patterned Paper
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics E00, E11, E13, E15, E43, E44, B23, G82, G94
- Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Flowers, Rhinestones (Me & My Big Ideas), Edge Distresser, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts- summer days
- Cupcake Craft - distressing (edges around the image)
- Incy Wincy Designs - summer fun
- Papertake Weekly - white and bright
- Fab 'n' Funky - spotty, dotty and stretchy stripes
- Simon Says - sing it baby (Sunshine and Summertime by Faith Hill)
- Stars and Stamps - use patterned paper
- ABC Challenge - A is for August
- Delightful Challenges - distressing (edges around the image)
- Cute Card Thursday - whateva
- One Stop Challenge - summer fun
- Our Daily Bread Designs - three of something (3 patterned papers, 3 layers, 3 words in the sentiment)
- Catch The Bug - sweet sweet summertime
- Kenny K's Krafty Girlz - in the summertime
- Stamps R Us - digi image