Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Trio Of Flowers


Happy Tuesday, everyone!!!  Today's card was created for this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #31.  I love this sketch because the shadow layers are off center and fill up lots of space on the card.  One of the things I struggle with is white space so I tend to fill up the card base as much as possible.

Today's card base is Night Of Navy layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then pink cardstock.  The shadow layers are 1 3/4 x 3 3/4 Night Of Navy layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced Ferris Wheel patterned paper.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Sketch Flower Trio stamp and colored in using copic markers.

I paper pierced around the edges the layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Night Of Navy cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a tiny white bow on the flower vase and some gems along the edge of the shadow layers.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sketch Flower Trio (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Night Of Navy (Stampin' Up), PTI White, Pink Cardstock (DCWV) and Ferris Wheel Patterned Paper (Basicgrey, Aged and Confused Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R20, YG93, B95, B99
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Gems, Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

11 comments:

Cindy's Card Co said...

Karen, very pretty card, I think I need to get a punch tool, or at least the template, I use a T-pin.

Laura said...

Very cute card,Karen.I love the Dp.

Lindsey said...

I love this, so simple and pretty, just my thing! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Lynn said...

Really nice card! I like punched holes, very nice detail!

Alicia said...

This is gorgeous...love all of the pink! Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay this week.
Alicia xx

Carrie said...

I like the circle dp paired with the flower image and cute little bow.

Sherry H said...

Karen, pink and navy is a beautiful combination. Your card has such a polished look; love it!

Erin said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Pink challenge
hugs Mandy xx

having a {me} day said...

Hi Karen, I love your pretty card! Thanks for the heads up on your new blog ... very useful! keeleyxx

Patty said...

Beautiful card! I love that stamp!