Thursday, September 16, 2010

Autumn Acorns


Hi everyone!  It's Thursday today so you know what that means!  Today though you are in for a nice surprise because this week the Digi Doodle Shop's Best are having an ANYTHING GOES special challenge.  And the fun doesn't stop there...  ALL winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) will receive a prize this week, YIPEE!!!  To play along in this week's challenge simply choose one of the 3 FREE images on the challenge blog and create a special project! 

For my card creation this week I chose the Acorn image and paired it with this beautiful Autumn Blaze patterned paper from the Paper Loft.  I love the rounded look of the Acorns so I decided to surround the image with scallops.  The flower I selected is a little darker brown than the patterned paper but it was the closest I had so I went with it!  Autumn reminds me of the Thanksgiving table so I couldn't resist adding a little lace below the image and some matching pearls.
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you play along with us this week!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Acorn (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Really Rust, River Rock, PTI White and Autumn Blaze (Paper Loft)
  • Ink: Copics YG91, YG95, E13, E15, E39, E47, E53
  • Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Classic and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, White Lace (American Crafts), Flower, Button, DMC White, White Pearl Flowers (Accent Creative Designs), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

35 comments:

Julie said...

Such a lovely card,I love the Autumn colours,stunning! Your card would also be perfect for another challenge,check out my blog for details! hugs,Julie.x

Carrie said...

Wow Karen this is STUNNING! I mean I don't know what else to say about it. I love the papers and the rust paired with the river rock, the lace...everything. You sending this my way :) lol

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card! I just love these colors. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I am really drawn to this. Gorgeous paper and love the leaf and acorn image. Beautiful lace and scallops and coloring job, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Karen said...

Gorgeous Karen!
xx

Pascale said...

Wow Karen this is so stunning. I love the papers and the image looks so wonderful in these colours. Hugs Pascale

Danderella said...

Karen this is just gorgeous! Adding the lace just gives that extra elegance. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week.

Danielle

Jóna said...

Great card, love every thing about it !!! It's so fantastic to see all the different cards with the same image !!!!
Hugs, Jóna

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Karen, this is beautiful. Love the colors & the design.

Karen said...

Gorgeous Karen!
xx

brenda said...

Oh my, this is just lovely, such rich colours and a wonderful blend.

Thank you for joining in with my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is just gorgeous! Love how you added that lace. I'm off to check out that challenge.
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

The leafs is so adorable and love your combo on the DP and paper...adorable card Karen...hugs

Katja said...

Really great autumncolors!!! I love this pretty card!

Greetings,
Katja

fi's cards and crafts said...

stunning card and great colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful, clean & crisp fall card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Paige said...

Stunning fall card! the colors are so beautiful!

Virgo5 said...

Lovely fall creation! I really like the lace with it!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love the colors on this!

JD said...

Lovely!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this stunning autumn creation!!

Thank you so very much, Karen, for sharing this exquisite card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's fall colors challenge!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous autumn creation!!

Thank you so very much, Karen, for sharing this exquisite card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's fall colors challenge!!

jo said...

So pretty! I love the fall colors! :)

merniebug said...

I just left a message but I don't know where it went. Anyway I love your gorgeous fall card. Very eye catching.

Carol Southern said...

Beautiful card, love the clean crisp look this has.

Judy said...

Hi karen,

Another beautiful creation by you. Love the fall colors, it just all looks so welcoming.

Hugs
Judy

Tami said...

Beautiful I really like the wood like button. Well done

Grenouille Greetings said...

A beautiful autumn card! Great papers, great layout and lovely colour work! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

What a beautiful card! I love the dig image you used with the pattern papers. I definitely want to check out the challenge at Digi Doodle. Thanks for sharing!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful autumn image and your papers and embellies bring it all together so nicely! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

KymKreates said...

this is stunning! It matches perfectly with your papers!

xoxo,
Kym

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I LOVE the DSP it is fabulous! An outstanding card!!!

Nikki said...

What a beautiful fall card :) Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Robin Parker said...

Very pretty fall card. Love all of your DP and the coloring of the image. Great job and thanks for sharing at the Belli challenge.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen this is such a gorgeous card! I love the colors and layout! Wow~

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous fall design...the colors and papers are sooo pretty and the acorn image is beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing along in the Belli challenge!!!