Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Berry Sorbet Flowers


Hi everyone!  Today's card was inspired by this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #33.  I love this sketch because the layers are off center which I wouldn't think to do on my own.
 
My card base is Berry Sorbet layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Kiwi Kiss cardstock.  I seem to make all my card bases with three layers of cardstock lately, hmmm! The shadow layeres are Berry Sorbet and Emma patterned paper. 

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Angels In A Vase stamp and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Berry Sorbet before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a bow and two large gems.

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Angels In A Vase (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Kiwi Kiss, PTI White and Berry Sorbet, Emma Patterned Paper (Basicgrey Olivia Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E55, YG95, R32, R37
  • Other: Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Gems, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

12 comments:

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Beautiful work dear. I like the color combo.

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! I seem to use alot of layering in my cards too - but I really like the look it gives them.
Lynn

Paige said...

beautiful card! Love the colors you used!

Patty said...

Love this color combo! I don't use pink very often, but when paired with this green it looks awesome! It's such a cheerful card!

Operation Write Home said...

So pretty! Lots of us used the two ribbons like the sample, but I love the bling in place of one of them. Stunning! You are so ubertalented :)

Paddington fan said...

Love you card, great layout & colours. Thanks for joining us at lexi's Creations and good luck!! Love Jacky xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! Love the pink and green combo with the layout!! Gorgeous coloring of the flower image. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light sparkle challenge this week!

Just A Pac Rat said...

This is beautiful! I love the color combo and will have to try it myself.

Nina Macaulay said...

Gorjuss card!!! Love the image, flowers'n details, beautiful ribbon!

Thanks for joining in with the Totally Gorjuss challenge this week, Good luck!

Hugs Nina x

Chrissy D said...

Karen - this is GORGEOUS! Love the clean lines! Very pretty!Thanks for playing in the ODBDSLC with us! Have a BLESSED weekend!

Moshie said...

Such a pretty card. Love the colors and everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations. hugs, Diana

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!