Monday, September 13, 2010

God Is Just A Prayer Away


Just a heads up but you might want to sit down for this... I broke out of the mold and actually tried something new today!!!  I have all these challenges rolling around inside my head from updating my Feline Playful blog and a couple of them just popped right out! 

So today's card was inspired by the Try Something New challenge over at Charisma Cardz and the something new is this totally cool Cracked Class Technique featured on SCS but is also for the challenge going on this week at Just Us Girls!

My husband is always telling me I should do more embossing although once I showed him my card I don't think this is quite what he had in mind, LOL!!!  The adorable image is another digital stamp from Sliekje Digi Stamps called God Is Just A Prayer Away!  I'm loving all of Sliekje's images and just can't seem to get enough of them!!! 


I wanted the image to look like it was in a photo frame with cracked glass so I layered it on some Chocolate Chip cardstock die cut and embossed using my Classic Scalloped Rectangles Nestabilities.  I didn't want to take too much focus away from the image so I only added two buttons for embellishments and look, no paper piercing!!!  I think that in itself should count as something new, LOL!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: God Is Just A Prayer Away (Sliekje Digi Stamps)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Glossy Silver Cardstock, PTI White and Bashful Blue Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up Prints Pack)
  • Ink: VersaMark and Copics E00, E11, E74, E77, E79, B91, B93, B95, B97
  • Other: Classic and Scalloped Rectangles Nestabilities, Buttons, DMC White, Amazing Glaze (Judi Kins), Heat Gun, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

22 comments:

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Cute card! Love the cracked glass technique you used and the clean design. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Dixie said...

Adorable! I love this image, and your layout is great. Your "cracked glass" turned out fabulous!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Great card and the cracked glass is perfect for the photo frame idea, love the image, I can see why you love it, so perfect and true.

Suzi said...

Awe! Karen, this is so adorable, love the cracked glass effect and that sweet image. Great colour combo too. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

jimlynn said...

Love that technique - and you did a fabulous job with it. So pretty and what a sweet card.
Lynn

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Vee said...

A really lovely design, thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck!
xx Vee

Paige said...

Adorable! This should be framed and placed in a child's room!

Monique said...

Awe. This is so adorable!! What a wonderful little boy card.. Great job on the cracked glass :)

Beth said...

This is FABULOUS!! You did a beautiful job with your new technique! Thanks so much for sharing with us at StampInsanity!!

Leah the Orange said...

LOVE him, Karen! the cracked glass turned out GREAT - fabulous job! (i'm too intimidated to try it, myself, although i have all the supplies!)

thanks so much for trying something new with the Charisma Gals this week!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Turned out great!

Lindsey said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Kelly said...

I love how the image is the focal point of the card and not all the additions to the card. I think you did a wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Jacqueline said...

This technique turned out wonderfully! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Wild FLower Patch!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card!!! Love your coloring job! Wonderful take on the cracked glass technique and thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Stampin' Pam said...

totally adorable! Just love it. Thanks for trying a new technique with JUGS this week.

Kathryn B said...

So cute!!! Great job with the cracked glass technique!

Thanks for playing along with Just us girls this week!

Carrie said...

You did a great job with this technique..I have yet to try it. Love this color combo too

Heather said...

I have been seeing so many cracked glass cards lately... I want to make one now!!! BEAUTIFUL in so many ways. I love the sweet image. If he had one eye open and was kicking his sister, that would be my little man :D lol

Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

crafty amy said...

Wow this is brilliant I love the way that cracked embossing fits with this great image and your colouring is perfect :D
Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Jane said...

This is so cute! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge! hugs, Jane xxx