Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Turtle


I don't know about you but this card really makes me smile!  Something about the Happy Turtle lounging on his back... waving... with that big'ol smile on his face!  Way too cute for me to resist!  My card today is pretty simple but I love it none the less! 

The Happy Turtle is a digital image from KLM Designs.  The light and dark brown cardstock I used is from a DCWV paper pack I picked up at JoAnn's some time ago.  The patterned paper is from the Colorbox Treasured Brights paper pack I got at Wal-Mart.  I distressed the edges of the patterned paper and paper pierced around the image to add some texture to the card.

Hope you have a happy day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Happy Turtle (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Light and Dark Brown Cardstock (DCWV), PTI White and Green Patterned Paper (Colorbok, Treasured Brights)
  • Ink: Copics YG11, YG17, YG67, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Edge Distresser (CTMH) , Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack (Stampin' Up), Medium Brads (CTMH) and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh too cute! Yeah that turtle makes me smile too! Love the clean layout and color scheme! Thanks for playing in the Tea Room this week!

jimlynn said...

I like it too! And that image is STILL making me smile.
Lynn

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Really cute image! I love the colors too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yep -this is darling and I am smiling too- what a fun card!

carol said...

yep he is a cutie!! fab card, thanks for joining our colour challenge this week, x carol

Carrie said...

This card would make anyone smile :) I like the clean layout on here too

Mel X said...

What a super cute image. Love the colour work Karen and paper piercing.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card! I really like the green and brown color combo and that turtle is just adorable. Love the distressed edges and the paper piercing, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

joy said...

This is a cute, cute card. Great coloring! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is just too cute karen!!! gorgeous coloring!!!
hugs & blessings!

Nicole said...

Adorable! That turtle makes me smile, too! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Lindsey said...

Oh I love it! What a great image! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Sue C said...

Great card Karen, love the fun image. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Lorraine A said...

this card made me smile too :-) very cute image and the simple look of this is perfect :-) I love it !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Hobby Paleis said...

Wow you could use this for several occasions.

Thanks for joining the Secret Crafter Challenge

Hugs Renate

Diamond Doll said...

Super card and Yep he definitely made me smile what a fab image love him.Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Vixykins said...

Really sweet card Karen and what a fab layout you used, really nice!

Fankoo for joining in at The Stampman x

Nina Macaulay said...

Lovley card! your turtle made me smile too :O)
Thank you for joining in with the Totally Gorjuss challenge this week,
Good luck!

Hugs Nina