Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hummingbird Glory


Hi everyone!  Today's card pairs a new sketch challenge with one of my favorite stamp and paper combinations. The sketch is from the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #35. Super easy and definitely a keeper. The image is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps and the gorgeous patterned paper is Sundance Stripe from My Minds Eye.

My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with a slightly smaller piece of Turquoise then Sundance Stripe patterned paper. I added my signature paper piercing around the edges of the image then layered it on to Chocolate Chip cardstock before attaching to the card base with mounting tape. The shadow layer is simply a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock and the beautiful orange gems are a must have from Wal-mart.

Hope you have wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Hummingbird Vase (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up), PTI White, Turquoise and Sundance Stripe Patterned Paper (My Minds Eye)
  • Ink: Copics BG18, YG13, E47, YR14, YR18
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Large Gems, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

11 comments:

Lynda said...

A beautiful card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Paige said...

Pretty colors and love the sketch you used!

Alissa said...

I love these colors. This is my favorite combo yet!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love this image, and the brown and orange colors are awesome!

Tracey Feeger said...

The image is wonderful Karen. I love your colouring. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Vicky said...

Beautiful card, love the colours
Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
x
Vicky

Carrie said...

You use the prettiest papers Karen and make me drool over them and I have to keep telling myself I have enough paper in my life. Love it!!!

Operation Write Home said...

Your cards are always so clean and crisp! Love it!

Lisa said...

Very pretty Karen! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!

Melanie said...

Karen, this colour combo is lovely! Those gems are just perfect...I'll have to check out my Walmart for some!

Thanks for joining in at Sundays With Crissy!

mycardz said...

Oooo, what a beautiful card karen! I love this image and the papers you've used. Awesome coloring too. So glad you could join us at Sundays with Crissy! hugz, Mary