Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sleeping Cat


Hi everyone!  Today is a very exciting yet sad day for me.  It is exciting because today is Thursday which means I get to share another fabulous Digi Doodle Shop image with all of you yet it is very sad because it is my last week as a Design Team Member with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best!  This was my first DT experience and I've loved every minute of it!   A HUGE thanks to Judy and Joy for their wonderful images, to Kym and Harriet for being the best DT coordinators and to the design team for making this such an enjoyable and fun experience!!! 

This week we were challenged to bring our card to life by making it dimensional in some way.  I decided to go with my favorite method which is to raise the image up with mounting tape.  The beautiful Sleeping Cat is another favorite digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.

My layout was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #88.  The light brown, dark brown and rust colored cardstock are all Bazzill.  Although it is hard to tell in this photo I distressed the edges of the light and dark brown cardstock used for the shadow layers.  The patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations. 

The image was printed on PTI Vintage Cream and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges of the image and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I layered paper flowers and added a button threaded with DMC Ivory in the center.  I added two smaller buttons threaded with DMC Ivory in the opposite corner.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sleeping Cat (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Light Brown, Dark Brown and Rust cardstock (Bazzill), Creative Imaginations Patterned Paper, PTI Vintage Cream
  • Ink: Copics E43, E44, E47, E49, E07, E09
  • Other: Buttons, DMC Ivory, Bazzill Flower, Essentials Flower, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Edge Distresser, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

24 comments:

Carrie said...

You did a great job on the DT Karen. Beautiful card as usual. Love that paper and the buttons of course :)

Our Little Inspirations said...

I love how you coordinated all the colors on this great card! The sleeping cat image is really cute!

Paige said...

What a beautifully coordinated card! Love it!

Judy said...

Hi Karen,

What a darling card, and what a wonderful job you've done!

Believe it or not, I was not aware (nor would I have ever guessed) that Digi Doodle Shop's Best was your 1st DT. How special that makes me feel. Thank you so much for being one of the BEST, and I hope I get to continue to see your wonderfully unique creations in the future.


BIG hugs,
Judy

jimlynn said...

This is just stunning! LOVE that patterned paper and it goes perfect with the little image.
Lynn

Karen said...

Hi Karen
Lovely card as always. It's been great working with you over at Digi Doodle Shops Best, and I wish you lots of luck in all that you do.

xx

Paper Pretties said...

This is beautiful! Gorgeous color combo! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Pretties challenge!

Patty said...

Cute card! I love the color combination that you used! I always lean toward darker colors.

MauMau88 said...

A wonderful card!

Inken
Alphabet Challenge

Josephine said...

Fabulous card. I love the clean lines in the image and matting.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Betty said...

Love the image and the colours are Georgous.
Betty x

Paddington fan said...

Fun image and I love the colours you've used! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Karen! It's been so great working with you and I love your felineplayful blog. All the best! Hugs, Vera.

Dora said...

Hi Karen, this is beautiful, I LOVE those papers, really nice xxx and thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a pretty card- you pick such pretty DSP! Love your coloring to match the DSP. TFS

Amber said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love all the layering and the colors! You are so talented and it's been wonderful seeing your creations each week and being on the DT with you!
Hugs
Amber

jo said...

Gorgeous! :)

merniebug said...

Sweet sweet card. YOU did a wonderful job with this darling.

Katja said...

Again a very pretty card Karen. Lovely!

Greetings,
Katja

Pascale said...

HI Karen a gorgeous card as always. Thanks for all the inspiration and for being a super teamie hugs Pascale!

Marilyn S said...

Wowsers.... your color combination is amazing & the layout is great. You want the life of this cat when you see the image...

Heather "Hev" said...

Perfectly coordinated - superb :)

Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

Heather and the DT

Patty said...

You did a wonderful job with this sketch, Karen! I love your cat image too, nicely done!

Jóna said...

Hi Karen !
I love your card, the color combination is just perfect, the image so sweet and great coloring !
I'm sad to say good bye but hop that is just for the DT and will se you often in the challengers :o)
Wish you all the best, Jóna