Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sleeping Kitten


Hi everyone!  This is one of those images you know you have to make a card with as soon as you see it!  The kitten looks so cute and just like my Buddy when he sleeps with his leg and tail hanging over.  Although my Buddy isn't a kitten anymore, he is 14 years now and 20 pounds... yes, a big boy!  I created today's card for this week's challenge over at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.  The challenge is to use a charm somewhere on your project although I must confess I'm not exactly sure what a charm is so if I'm way off base here please pretend you see a charm somewhere on my card!

All the cardstock and patterned paper used in making my card are from an old DCWV paper pack I got at JoAnn's years ago and really don't know what the colors are but I love them together and thought the stripes went really well with the ruffles in the image! The Sleeping Kitten is a digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop. I printed the image on PTI White then colored it in using copic markers. It is hard to tell in the photo but I die cut and embossed the image and mat layer with Classic and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sleeping Kitten (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Cardstock and Striped Patterned Paper (DCWV), PTI White
  • Ink: Copics E43, E44, B12, RV93, RV95, V06
  • Other: Classic and Scalloped Rectangles Nestabilites, Gold Charms, Tombo Mono Multi and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

20 comments:

Jóna said...

Super use of color combination !!! And a great card !!
Hugs, Jóna

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Beautiful work dear.

Marianne said...

Such a cute image, and i like the colors and the eyelets on the corners. My cat is sleeping like that right now...!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge,
Marianne

Katja said...

Very pretty card with this sleeping cat!

Greetings,
Katja

Judy said...

Hi Karen,

LOL.. You are so cute.. I see 4 charms on this card... I think.. maybe not hanging, but they look like charms to me. At any rate, the card is just precious!

Hugs
Judy

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! I love the clean lines. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Karen said...

Lovely Karen, I love the colours you've used.
xx

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Karen, this is beautiful. Like Jona said, great color combo. xx

Pascale said...

Great colour combo Karen Hugs Pascale

Monika Reeck said...

I love always that your DP RIBBON and coloring the Images is great together Karen..thats why I ask on our yahoo group :) lovely cute charm too...Great card dear...

jimlynn said...

Precious card Karen.....and such a peaceful looking kitty.
lynn

Paige said...

The sweet image is so comforting on this cute card!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a sweet kitty card! Just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar!

Carrie said...

So cute. My aunt would love this card with the sleeping kitten

KymKreates said...

such a sweet card, my cat used to sleep just like that too!
Kym

Alissa said...

This is why you're the queen of the color combos, Karen. It's amazing how you match the image to the DP! It really makes the card come together. I'm so jealous!! :)

Amber said...

Just beautiful Karen! I just love your clean style, darling!
Hugs
Amber

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a darling kitty image, and your dp is perfect. I love the DCWV paper packs! Great job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a sweet card- love the great kitty image! TFS

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card and the colouri,g matched to perfection
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la