Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tea Party


Hi everyone!!!  I wish I could take the day off and invite you all over for a tea party!  I'd serve lattes (my favorite is Chai Tea Latte) and caramel rolls!  What a wonderful thought!!!

The layout for my tea party card was inspired by Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #86.  My Tea Party image is a digital stamp from KLM Digi Stamps.  In my vision of a tea party there would be a lovely table cloth on the table so I colored the image this way although now I'm thinking what I colored as the table cloth is just really the table top, LOL!!!

Both the light and dark cardstock as well as the patterned paper are from a DCWV paper pack I got at JoAnn's a long time ago.  The blue cardstock is Bazzill.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges of the image and the shadow layer.  To embellish the card I added a bow made from organdy ribbon and some antique gold flower brads.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Tea Party (KLM Digi Stamps)
  • Paper: Light and Dark Purple Cardstock (DCWV), Blue Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned Paper (DCWV) and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics B12, V06, RV91, RV93, RV95, E00, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Organdy Ribbon, Antique Gold Flower Brads, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

19 comments:

Alissa said...

oooh, so cute Karen!

jimlynn said...

What a sweet, sweet, card! Love that layout too. Great.
Lynn

Paige said...

Well this card sure brings back childhood memories! Love it!

Jayne said...

What a cute card, love the image and colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Tammy said...

This is adorable Karen! Such a sweet image and I love the DP!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awwwwww this is so sweet- I will come join you for tea!!! TFS

tampatha said...

this is a really great card! I love the colors! thanks for playing this week at AIF
-Tammy

Carrie said...

What a pretty color palette. I love the purples and blues together

chrissy xx said...

Oh!! Yes, please, I would love to come for tea. Gorgeous card, I love your colours. Thank you soooo much for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Chrissyxx

racinggrandma61 said...

You have done a wonderful job on you project. The coloring is just wonderful. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory challenges and please be sure to come back and join us again.

Laralee DT

Chocolate Orange said...

I love the colours,the image and the paper piercing just finishes it all off nicely !!
Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT, for the anything goes challenge.

Choccy x

Shelley said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge, hope to see you again next week. Hugs Shelley xx

Laura said...

Karen,What a super cute card!! LOL,I have colored A man's bald head thinking it was part of a hat.

Sarah said...

Too cute! Love that image, she is way too cute, reminds me of my daughter. You have done a fantastic job.
Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
xxx
Sarah

Alex said...

Nice card! Like the color combination!
Thanks for joining EAC this week!
Hugs, Alex

Berenice R. said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing the Karber Weekly Challenge!

Margreet said...

this one is too cute Karen....love your colouring....thanks for joining OSAAT
xxx Margreet

A.J. said...

Great card, very pretty!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby