Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thank you for caring!


Hi everyone!  Somewhere in all my online surfing I saw a card where the sentiment was used as flower stems so I thought I'd give it a try!  The inspirational card was much better and the idea is absolutely brilliant but I'm not so sure this card is a favorite of mine although it is growing on me.  The color combination was actually inspired by the design on my paper cutter, LOL!!!  Gotta take inspiration where it strikes!!!  The sentiments and flowers are from the Decorative Circles I acrylic stamp set from KLM Digital Designs.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a fantastic day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Decorative Circles I (KLM Digital Designs)
  • Paper: Going, Gray, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi and PTI White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Grass Punch (Martha Stewart), Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch (Stampin' Up), Ribbon, Buttons, DMC White, Kaiser Pearls, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

22 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is great! Love the stems!

Poppet said...

Great card Karen, the colours look fab together and your flowers look wonderful with the sentiment at a stalk.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

Mina said...

fabulous card Karen and it has a real breath of summer about it...thanks for the other site its a great reference and full of info
Mina xxx

Paige said...

I love this whimsical card! Great design!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Great card, Karen. Very creative to use a sentiment for the flower stems.

Barbara said...

I love your card. The flower stem sentiment is so unique. You did a fantastic job. Thanks for joining us at CSSC.

jimlynn said...

Karen, I like this one - ALOT!!! So different and just fabulous.
Lynn

Patty said...

I love using sentiments for the stems. Karen this card is sooo cute! I love it!!

yyam said...

Wow! I love the colors and the lovely layers and textures! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this pretty card with the two flowers. The stems are great. TFS

A Cards Delight said...

Karen, I think it is adorable!! I would have never thought to use the sentiment for the stem...very clever! Love your bright and cheerful colors! TY for visiting me and your inspirational blog...I follow it everyday!

Alissa said...

Oh Karen this card is great! I love the stem sentiments. And the embossed background really makes it so elegant looking.

- - Sheryl - - said...

beautiful card, a follow blogger friend, Maria gave us some sentiments in a wavy stems. I can look for it - if you would like that one too.

TinaB said...

Beautiful card xxx Thank you for playing at Cowgirl Up! See you for our next challenge xx Hugs Tina (DT)

Gina said...

Fabulous card Karen! That is a brilliant idea for the sentiment, so glad you could join us for Cowgirls Sunday Challenge XXX

Sue said...

Hi Karen
fabulous card, luv the flowers & embossing folder,thank you for joining us at CES, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Emma said...

A very pretty card, gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

LindaC said...

I really like your card...very clever! Thanks for playing along with YNS challenge. Linda-DT

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is a pretty card is a cool, graphic way. Love the way you made the flowers. Thanks so much for joining in at ACLP:D

Jess said...

So cute! Love the sentiment stem!

Yvonne said...

What a creative idea with the stems. Love it.

Carrie said...

Ok Karen I have to say this is one of my favs of yours! I love the sentiment as the stems, love how you did the flowers. Love everything about it.