Wow, are you in for a treat today! My card was created for this week's Stamps R Us challenge which is to create anything with an all nature theme. My image is the handsome King Of The Jungle from the Digi Doodle Shop.
The card base is Night Of Navy layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock then a piece of Whisper White distressed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink using the Wax Paper Resist technique. The strip is a 11/4 piece of distressed Certainly Celery. The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.
To create the majestic scene I masked the lion and sponged Certainly Celery and Brocade Blue ink for the grass and sky. I also distressed the edges of the image with the Vintage Photo ink. Next I roughed up the edges of the image and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Night Of Navy cardstock and attached it to the card base with mounting tape. To embellish the card I added two small copper brads in each corner.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
- Stamps: King Of The Jungle (Digi Doodle Shop)
- Paper: Night Of Navy, Certainly Celery, PTI White
- Ink: Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, Copics E55, E57
- Other: Edge Distresser, Small Copper Brads, Mounting Tape
- Paper Pretties - animals or animal prints
- Sew Many Cards - anything goes
- Totally Papercrafts - the great outdoors
- 2 Sisters - animal fun
- Bee Crafty - furry and fluffy creatures
- Catch The Bug - anything goes
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - anything goes
- Cowgirls Sunday - anything goes
- Stampin' Sisters in Christ - nature
- Stamptacular Sunday - layer it on (6 layers)
- Karber - go digital
- Ooh La La Creations - nothing floral