Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween


Hi everyone!  Happy Halloween... from our web to yours!!!  I hope you have a super fun day whatever you end up doing!  I'll be hanging out at home doing the usual weekend stuff... laundry, surfing the web, making cards, maybe even running up town for a latte and some coffee cake!  Doesn't that sound YUMMY!!!

Today's card was made from images I actually stamped last year and couldn't part with so I hung on to them to use this year.  My card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Spider Flocked Patterned Paper.  The big spider web was stamped on PTI White then cut and adhered in the corner.  Those creepy looking spiders are from PSX. They too were stamped on PTI White then cut out to place around the card and on the spider web.  The eyes were colored in using copic YG03. 

The seniment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Web Wishes stamp set from Stampin' Up then cut down to size and layered on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added two black pearls in the lower left corner.

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you have a purr-fect Halloween!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Web Wishes (Stampin' Up), Spider (PSX)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Spider Flocked Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic YG03
  • Other: Black Pearls (Kaiser) and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

17 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

So cute! Love the use of the green. And that spider web is just great.

Mary J said...

Oh Karen, I adore this card! The colours and the those spiders are my fav bits!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss! I hope you can share more of your inspiration at our next challenge!

Karen said...

This is great Karen, love your sentiment too, thanks for joining us again at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Tracy said...

Fun card! I love the spider web and the Halloween greens. :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Lovely work. Love the sentiment.
Happy Halloween u too,from my web to yours.

Thanks n Regard
sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

critterbugg365 said...

This is such a great idea for a card and I love your sentiment! TFS at Paper Playtime
Sandra

Dana said...

Sooo cute!!! Another great card Karen! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs~
Dana

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi again hun I love this one too. Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this time and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Carrie said...

Isn't it wonderful when you find a use for things you've hung on to. Great card Karen

Tinemor said...

WOW!! What a beautifull card!! Loooove the colour you`ve used!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle`s Shop Best!!
Tine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Cute cute card- I have some of that flocked paper- and that spider stamp- fun fun!!! TFS

Laura said...

Karen,I love your card. And I love the layout on the card below.Those colors are fabulous too.TFS

Paige said...

Great card - love the spiders!

trisha too said...

CUTE!!!!

:)

Jóna said...

Great Halloween card Karen !
Hugs, Jóna

Donna Heber said...

Karen,

This Halloween card is spooktacular. I love those spiders!

Лисёна said...

Ha, she's so funny!