Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Marvels of Nature


I've been having lots of fun playing in my craft room and trying out new things lately. This week I tried making some clean and simple monochromatic cards. I also wanted to use up some of my discontinued and rarely used Stampin' Up cardstock in the hopes of making room for some new colors. For today's card I used Sage Shadow and Handsome Hunter, two colors I can't remember the last time I used!

The image is a stamp from Innovative Stamp Creations that I got this summer when I attended the Michelle Zindorf brayering class. For my first card (above) I used Handsome Hunter for the card base and embossed white cardstock using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. The shadow layer is distressed Sage Shadow tilted at an angle. I stamped the tree in Sage Shadow on Whisper White, paper pierced the edges then layered it onto a slightly larger piece of Handsome Hunter before attaching to the card base with mounting tape. To embellish the card I added rhinestones in each corner.


For this next card I used Handsome Hunter for the card base and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White then Sage Shadow embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. I also punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch and added a small gold brad in each corner. The image was stamped in Sage Shadow on Whisper White. I paper pierced around the edges before layering on to a slightly larger piece of Handsome Hunter.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Marvels of Nature III (Innovative Stamp Creations)
  • Paper: Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Whisper White
  • Ink: Sage Shadow
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Ticket Corner Punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Small Gold Brads, Rhinestones and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

24 comments:

Robin said...

beautiful cards

jimlynn said...

BOTH are sensational! LOVE the clean and simple look. And, as always, your paper piercing is wonderful.
Lynn

Betty said...

Lovely card Karen, love that sage colour.
Betty x

Marilyn S said...

These are really nice Karen. Gorgeous in their simplicity & elegant to boot.

Paige said...

lovely cards! Sage shadow is one of my most missed colors from SU! I love both cards, but the angled layer on the first card creates wonderful interest.

Always Playing with Paper said...

Love this pretty CAS card! I miss Sage Shadow the most! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.
Lesley

Becky said...

Beautiful cards and beautiful color combos. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sisters In Christ.

Ann Schach said...

Classy and elegant! I love it! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Wendi said...

2 beautiful cards simple but very striking I love that sage green and the paper piercing finishes it off to perfection
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Miesje said...

Very pretty card! I love the clean lines and your color choices were perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Caroljane said...

They are both beautiful 'clean and crisp' cards and I would be thrilled to receive either.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La.
Hugs
Carol x

Patty said...

Love both cards Karen. Just looking at them gives me a "calming" effect.

Danielle Champagne said...

HI! Karen, such a lovely card. Very harmonious! Love the embossed background. Your choice of color is superb! Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

jaydee said...

Karen, love them. The color is perfect and the paper piercing works wonderfully with the embossed background
thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

joey said...

Karen this is fantastic I adore the colour shade, thanks forjoining us at tpc
Joey.x

Marianne said...

Great crispy clean card!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge,
Marianne

Sue said...

Hi Karen
beautiful card, i do luv me trees,, great layout, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

LeAnne said...

So pretty! I was so sad to see Sage Shadow go away, so it's nice to see it again! Just a lovely CAS card...perfection!

Laura said...

Karen,You did an awesome job with your clean and simple cards.I love them both.

craftybunny said...

Simply beautiful.Love the shades of green and your paper piercing is so neat.Thanks for joining us at CSSC :D
Lisa x

Gemma said...

What a great cards I love the clean and elegant look of it and they are suitable for so many occasions. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you will join the fun again next week. Happy crafting, Gemma

Adria (I now have 3 Copics!) Slauterbeck said...

Clean, Simple, Elegant. Lovley!

Thank you for showing us your creative "layers" with us over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge."

Natka said...

Simply but very lovely cards!

Лисёна said...

Stunningly sweet postcard! You have a golden hands!