Thursday, October 28, 2010

Witch For Halloween


Hi everyone! I'm back with yet another Halloween card! Only a few more days to go until Halloween then I'll start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas cards, LOL!!! I have a couple cute pumpkin stamps I can't wait to ink up and play with. The Witch For Halloween I used on today's card is a gorgeous digital image I discovered after receiving an email with a link to the A Day For Daisies challenge blog. I'm so fortunate to have so many thoughtful stampers share their treasures with me!

The current challenge over at A Day For Daisies is black out so I tried to use as much black as possible on my card but all I could think of was to use black as my card base and mat layers. So, my card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Halloween Night patterned paper. The shadow layer is more Halloween Night patterned paper layered on a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock. I wrapped some ribbon around it before attaching to the card base then added a pretty bow to finish it off.

The image was printed on the Copic X-press It Blending Card and colored in using copic markers. I die cut and embossed the image using my Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities. I layered it on Basic Black die cut using the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities then attached it to the card base using mounting tape. To further embellish the card I added two large black pearls in the upper corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Witch For Halloween (A Day For Daisies)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Halloween Night Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up), Copic X-press It Blending Card
  • Ink: Copics E00, E34, E97, YR14, YG93, BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29
  • Other: Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities, Vintage Violet Ribbon, Black Pearls (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very cute - and a great layout! Love her little hat! Too cute.
Lynn

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love these colors together - your witch is cute! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Berenice R. said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What an adorable witch, Karen!! Your Halloween card is delightful!

Thank you so much for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's die cut/punch challenge!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Yippee! I am so happy you joined our challenge and that you also added our challenge to your wonderful blog!!

It's been so nice to meet you and be one of your 100's of new followers!

I am very excited for the new blog launch too!!

Happy Halloween,
Lis
A Day For Daisies - DT Member

Laura said...

Hello karen,It hasnt even hit the holidays yet and I feel so busy already.I have missed alot of your cards.You have been busy,ha.What a super cute card And the image is adorable.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute Halloween card Karen. Perfect image and papers. Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC.

redwasher1 said...

Cute card and adorable image!!
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Purple Card Lady said...

Karen, this is so adorable. Thank you for joining us for ADFD "black out" challenge.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Karen, this is so sweet & cute! Thank you for joining Paper Play Halloween challenge! :)

Jane said...

This is fabulous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

trisha too said...

That is so cute--I really like your cards; they have such clean designs, very appealing!

:)

Lisa said...

This is darling! :) Thank you so much for adding ADFD to your challenges and for playing along!

Lisa
ADFD DT member

ThePurplePlace said...

WOOHOO! You WON Karen!

I was so excited to see that you WON the challenge -- way to go!!

Congratulations! There is a new challenge and new freebie on the site today and your card is now featured on the front page! :)

YIPPEE! I am very happy for you.

Lis
THePurplePlace