Saturday, October 2, 2010

World Card Making Day

Lonely Without You in Pink Passion
Sentiment from My Balloon (My Favorite Things)

Happy World Card Making Day!!! Hope you are able to spend some time today doing what you love... making cards! Before I head out to do just that I thought I'd share this clean and simple card with you I've been mass producing for Operation Write Home.

My friend Kris made several cards for Operation Write Home for my 1 Year Blogaversary and the layout she used inspired me to make these cards. I loved not only the layout but also the clean and simple design so much that I decided to make more of the same card but with different colors and sentiments.

You Warm My Heart in Marigold Morning
Sentiment from Snowday (My Favorite Things)


Missing You Bunches in Taken With Teal
Sentiment from Flopsey Flowers (My Favorite Things) 


You're My Forever Love in Ruby Red
Sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About You (My Favorite Things)


You're So Special in Lavendar Lace
Sentiment from You're So Special (Hero Arts)

I used the main color for the card base then layered a 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Basic Black cardstock about a half inch from the top.  The image was stamped in the same color as the card base on a 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.

Hope you have a marvelous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (Stampin' Up), Abundant Blessings (Verve Stamps), My Balloon (My Favorite Things), Snowday (My Favorite Things), Flopsey Flowers (My Favorite Things), Clearly Sentimental About You ( My Favorite Things), You're So Special (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pink Passion, Marigold Morning, Taken With Teal, Ruby Red, Lavendar Lace
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Passion, Marigold Morning, Taken With Teal, Ruby Red, Lavendar Lace
CHALLENGES:

18 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Jayne said...

Lovely clean and simple cards. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Chocolate Orange said...

Simple yet gorgeous.
Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT for our Anything Goes challenge.

Choccy x

Seongsook Duncan said...

What a collection of beautiful clean and simple cards! Great inspiration. Happy World Card Making Day!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Happy World Card Making Day! these are gorgeous Karen, in every color ;)

chrissy xx said...

They are all Gorgeous. LOve the colours. Thank you soooo much for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Chrissyxx

Patty said...

I love the design you've used with these cards Karen. You've inspired me and given me ideas for so many stamps I can use and cards I can make. I can't wait until I can get started!

Paige said...

wonderful set of cards!

karen said...

Wow Karen, these are stunning, thank you for joining us this week at Fab N Funky....Karen x

Carrie said...

these cas cards are lovely. they would be a great gift set for someone

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I, too, love this layout and your CAS designs! Way to go!!! So glad you played the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Marrilyn S said...

Great cards Karen. I love your color choices too.

Heather "Hev" said...

Love the simplicity of these - brings out the beauty :)

Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

Heather and the DT

Patty said...

Oh, how pretty these cards are and what a great layout too!

Sharon said...

What a stunning collection of cards.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.
Sharon x

jimlynn said...

These are just PERFECT for OWH - and gorgeous to boot.
Lynn

Alissa said...

I thought the first set was great but then when I started scrolling down it just got better and better. Those would make beautiful sets. Thanks for the inspiration yet again!

Doris said...

First visit to your blog (from SCS) and love your cards! I have two cats also, "Archie" (after Archie Goodwin of the Nero Wolfe series) and "Jenny" (our sweet tuxedo cat.) Jenny often visits while I'm stamping. Stop by the Stampingtower when you get a chance!