Thursday, November 25, 2010

Barrel Of Fall Blossoms


Hi everyone! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm popping in quick this morning to share a last autumn colored card before heading out to spend the day with my husband's family. Normally we would stay late and play cards but my husband has to work tomorrow and this week we found out that my cat, Buddy, has diabetes so we will come home earlier to give him insulin. Today's card was created using the beautiful Barrel Of Fall Blossoms digital image I won playing along in the A Day For Daisies Black Out challenge.


My card base is Ruby Red layered with More Mustard then Fall Stripe patterned paper and a strip of More Mustard cardstock.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities and layered it on to Ruby Red die cut and embossed using my new Beaded Ovals Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a bow and sunflower dew drops in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Barrel Of Fall Blossoms (A Day For Daisies)
  • Paper: Ruby Red and More Mustard (Stampin' Up), PTI White, Tim Coffee Fall Stripe Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Copics Y11, Y13, YG95, YR24, R46, E33, E37, E18
  • Other: Classic Ovals Small and Beaded Ovals Nestabilities, Sunflower Dew Drops, Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Awesome card Oh- your poor cat!

Robin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen
hope you have a great day with your husband's family
Sorry about your cat

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family! I'm sorry to hear about Buddy. Hopefully he will do very well in your loving care. I love your card today! Jan

Carrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen! Those new nesties are fantastic, I love how they frame an image. Wonderful card.

Annelies said...

Gorgeous card! Love the warm colour combo!

KER said...

very nice...love those birds

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Wow. You were able to post on Thanksgiving. Great autumn image and card.

Patty said...

Beautiful! I love the colors of that patterned paper!