Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Passel o' Pumpkins


Hi everyone! The weather is a lot cooler here and now that Halloween is past I'm getting in the mood for autumn cards and Thanksgiving! I was inspired to dig out all my fall colored papers and make this quick and easy card using some bright patterned paper from K&Company. The Passel o' Pumpkins is a coloring page digital image from Elizabeth Dulemba.


My card base is More Mustard layered with a slightly smaller piece of Flourishes White then Fall Stripe patterned paper. The shadow layer is Ruby Red finished on one side using the Heartbeat Edge Scissors.  The image was printed on Flourishes White cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  The image is beautiful all by itself so I simply paper pierced around the edges and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of More Mustard. To embellish the card I added a sunflower dew drop in each corner.
 
Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Passel o' Pumpkins (Elizabeth Dulemba)
  • Paper: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Flourishes White, Tim Coffey Fall Stripe Patterned Paper (K&Company)
  • Ink: Copics YR23, YR24, YG95, YG97, YG99
  • Other: Fiskars Heartbeat Edgers Scissors, Sunflower Dew Drops, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Tombo Mono Multi and Mounting Tape 
CHALLENGES:

20 comments:

Berenice R. said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Ann English said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us this week at S2G for Twisted Thursday.

...and, THANK YOU so much for Feline Playful! I LOVE it and refer to it daily :)

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! Yep, Thanksgiving is almost upon us now!!! One of these days I'm going to learn how to do that paper piercing like you. Mine just never look this pretty.
Lynn

Laura said...

What a lovely Card!beautiful Fall DP.And the image is so adorable.

Sara said...

Hi Karen, so cute! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Annette22 said...

Karen, such a wonderful card

Thanks a lot for playing with us at our Fairy Tail Challenge

hugs

Annette

Bianca said...

What a pritty card! I love the image and the colors! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challgne! Tomorrow our second challenge will start, so good luck for the price and maybe you will join the next challenge too! xx Bianca

Donna Heber said...

These are some great looking pumpkins Karen!

Marilyn said...

Very pretty Karen!

CĂ©line said...

Really pretty card, I like the image of the pumpkins! Thanks for joining us at DDCC!

Pam~ said...

I love pumpkins and this card is right up my alley. Wonderful autumn card!

Renkata said...

Fantastic card.
Thanks for join us at The Crazy Challenge

KER said...

wonderful card...love the layout and the dew drops...perfect pumpkins!!!

darling Ho said...

Pretty cute card!
Thanks for you join our 1st challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge.
~~darling Ho~~ FTC DT

Paula said...

Very nice card Karen. Elizabeth's images are all so wonderful, this is one I hadn't spotted yet.

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Karen, It's lovely! If you're on facebook, I have a gallery page where you can share creations you make with my Coloring Page Tuesday images at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ColoringPageTuesdays/131602883523029 . Once a week I feature a creation in my newsletter. Cheers! :) e

Laura VanVleet said...

Cute digi image! Love the colors!

Alissa said...

Perfect fall card, Karen. Great, great job!

Carrie said...

Wonderful! I love the rich colors in the striped paper and the piercing around the image too.

Chris said...

Excellent card, I love your paper choices and the dew drops - but I especially love the piercing. I have to remember to use that! It's adds a really nice touch to your card.
Thanks for joining us at S2G