Saturday, December 18, 2010

Frosty In Wonderland


I don't often play with glitter but I've recently discovered stickles and am in heaven!  Today's card is very special because the image was created by my very talented friend Alissa.  Frosty In Wonderland is just one of my favorite images from her shop, Starry Night Studios.


My card base is Baja Breeze layered with PTI White then Blizzard Warning Patterned Paper.  I dabbed some Diamond Stickles along the edges then added a strip of Garden Green finished on both sides using the Cornice Edge Punch.  I wrapped white satin ribbon around the strip and taped the ends down on the back side then added the pretty bow in front.

The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed it using the Classic Circles Small Nestabilities then layered it on to Baja Breeze die cut using the Classic Circles Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I made the pretty snowflake which is Baja Breeze punched out using a Snowflake Punch.  I then added a Clear Snowflake over which I added a Clear Gem and finished it off with a Snow Pearl.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Frosty In Wonderland (Starry Nights Studio)
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Garden Green, PTI White, Blizzard Warning (Imagination Project, Chloes's Closet, Six Below Zero Collection)
  • Ink: Copics C4, Y26, G28, G29, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Other: White Satin Ribbon, Diamond Stickles, Classic Circles Small and Large Nestabilities, Snowflake Punch (Stampin' Up), Cornice Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Clear Snowflakes (Heidi Swapp), Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Clear Gem, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Robin said...

what a cute image!
like the addition of the stickles.

Linda w said...

Lovely cheery card. love all your bling and glitter. Stickles is good isn't it, so many yummy colours too. Hugs lin

jimlynn said...

So cute Karen! Love that little image and the snowflake is adorable.
Lynn

Rhonda Langley said...

Great colors! Love the 3 little pearls!

Alissa said...

Love how you colored Frosty. I love, love, love this card!

Larisa said...

It is so nice))) Love all details! ))

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Beautiful work n lovely colors.

Carrie said...

I'm a HUGE stickles fan... have many colors!! Welcome to the addiction lol All your cards will have some bling on them now :) This one is adorable. I love that snowman image.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I recognize this cute snowman, your card is wonderful!

Jagusia said...

Cute snowman, cute card!