Saturday, December 4, 2010

Presents For You


Hi everyone!  Here is the card I created using the flower I swapped out for the Ho-Ho-Holidays sentiment on my Santa Tree card.  The darling little girl and sentiment are from the Presents For You stamp set by My Favorite Things.  Another favorite from their Pure Innocence collection.


My card base is Bazzill cardstock layered with PTI White then Balsam patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Glee patterned paper with more Bazzill cardstock.  It really is addicting stitching on cards so I couldn't resist doing so on this one too!  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges of the image before layering on to Bazzill cardstock and attaching to the card base using mounting tape.

The sentiment was punched out using the Modern Label Punch and the white areas of her hat are finished with white liquid applique.  To embellish the card I added some snow pearls as buttons on her coat to match the pearl string adorning the flower, a bow made from grosgrain ribbon and two metallic gold dew drops.
 
Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Presents For You (My Favorite Things)
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, PTI White, Balsam and Glee Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Figgy Pudding Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E000, E00, E25, E27, E29, B01, B02, B04, R46, R59, YG93, YG95, YG97
  • Other: Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Stiching, Metallic Gold Dew Drops, Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Modern Label Punch (Stampin' Up), 3MM Pearl String (Darice), White Gardenia, White Liquid Applique, Metallic Gold Paint Marker, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

28 comments:

Marilyn said...

I adore the MFT stamps & you've done a great job with this one. I must dig mine out... I haven't used them for awhile but seeing yours makes me want to do one again.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

what an adorable card :)

Tami said...

Oh I just love that flower and those pearls. Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft. Wonderful job!!

Ms. Jen said...

That flower really just finishes it. Gorgeous card. Love the vibrant colors and all the little details you included!

Paige said...

Adorable image and a cute, cute card!

Chris said...

What a cute card! Love the layers and colors used!

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is just over the top Karen! Gorgeous. Love all the pearls too. So pretty.
Lynn

Dixie Cochran said...

Brilliant!

The Mama Monkey said...

Aw cute job! I love the fluff on the hat!

Lynn said...

Ooooh this is sooo sweet and I just love the pretty bow :)
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
Huggs
Lynn x

Carrie said...

wow look at that gorgeous paper and oh my look at that flower and pearls ... all things I said to my computer screen while viewing your card. Fabulous Karen.. I think this is one of my favs!!!!

bosenberries said...

Love the colours and all the detail!! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl, Robin

This N That said...

Those colors really pop, and I love the flower with the pearls! Thanks so much for playing with Some Odd Girl!

Shelly Schmidt said...

She is darling- love your colors and sentiment- the flower is a great accent too.

KER said...

you're really getting the hang of that stitching on cards...love that sweet girl bearing gifts...the flower and pearls add great detail/texture

Laura VanVleet said...

Oh, this is adorable! I love those MFT stamps! You did a great job!~ Love the sketch and the colors!

Sharon said...

Karen that card is just so cute and colorful! I was so excited today when I returned from out of town to find my box had arrived with the blog candy from you! WOW thank you soooooo much! I posted about it and linked back to your blog on Diary of a Craft Room Transformation. Now I HAVE to go play!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card Karen!! Love it!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Patty said...

Adorable card, Karen! You did a wonderful job with your image, love the puffy white on her hat, so cute.

Donna Heber said...

What a sweet card Karen! She is so adorable.

Pam~ said...

I really like how you add embellishments and it looks fabo on your card! Way to bring this cutie to life!

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image and you have colored he beautifully!!! Love how you added the Liquid Applique to the cap, too!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! Love the pearl buttons!

yyam said...

Oh such an awesome creation! Love the choice of colors and pretty details! :)

Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl!:)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Gingerloft Challenge.

Kim Sonksen said...

Love the different textures
Thank you so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

Céline said...

Adorable card!!! Thanks for joining us at DDCC!!

Patty said...

Wow! This one's adorable!