Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snowflakes & Snowfriends


This is the card I excitedly made for the Stamps R Us Sparkle and Scallops challenge a few weeks ago and realized when I went to submit it that there were no scallops to be found anywhere on the card.  What a dork I am, LOL!  The fun image is the Snowfriends digital stamp from the Stamping Boutique.


My card base is Soft Sky layered with brown cardstock then Teal Snow Words patterned paper.  The strip is Winter Frost patterned paper on more of the brown cardstock.  Next I added a bit of white lace.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges before layering on to a slightly larger piece of brown cardstock.

To embellish the card I added a bow made with white grosgrain ribbon and a couple snowflakes.  The smaller one is a clear snowflake finished with a lovely pearl snowflake.  The other is a large clear snowflake layered with Soft Sky punched out using the Stampin' Up Large Snowflake Punch and was finished off with a larger pearl snowflake.  Wow, that's 5 snowflakes in all... six counting me!!!  Oh, I also added some glitter to the image for snow and to add some sparkle.  And nope, still no scallops to be found, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Snowfriends (The Stamping Boutique)
  • Paper: Soft Sky, Brown Cardstock, PTI White, Teal Snow Words and Winter Frost Patterned Paper (Carolees Creations)
  • Ink: Copics C2, E42, E37, R20, YR14, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Other: White Lace, 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Clear Snowflakes (Heide Swapp), Snowflake Punch (Stampin' Up), Pearl Snowflakes (Dress It Up), 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (Stampin' Up), Glue Dots, Mounting Tape

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love the colors you used.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Karin, this is darling! Love the brown and blue combo ~ truly the cutest! I have looked EVERYWHERE for the clear snowflakes - where ever did you find yours? I searched high and low and yet was unable to find them anywhere .... love this {your card} so much!

Margo said...

Hi Karen,
I'm looking around on your blog and I adore this one too :)
Greetz
Margo
FP n°15

milena60 said...

Какая интересная открыточка..