Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snowman Bells


When I think of winter cards my first response is to grab for all my blue and white papers.  The patterned paper used on today's card is perfectly named, Wind Chill from Chloe's Closet Six Below Zero Collection.  The temperature around here has been in the teens and way below zero with the wind chill.  The image used on today's card is Snowman Bells from Bugaboo Stamps.


My card base is Bazzill Cardstock layered with Baja Breeze embossed using the Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder.  The shadow layer is Bazzill Cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Wind Chill patterned paper.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a beautiful white satin bow and a clear snowflake finished with a button threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Snowman Bells (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, Baja Breeze, PTI White, Wind Chill (Imagination Project, Chloe's Closet, Six Below Zero Collection)
  • Ink: Copics C2, YR04, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Other: Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder, White Satin Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Packs, Clear Snowflake (Heidi Swapp), Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is very pretty, Karen. I see you have made quite a few of these teal/aqua coloured cards and they all look very pretty! It's a great colour for Christmas. Hope yours was a great one! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Shelley said...

that is so cute Karen. I love snowmen.

jimlynn said...

So cute Karen....love all that blue and white! Don't think he's going to be melting anytime soon up there! Burrrr.....Stay warm.
Lynn

KER said...

what a cute snowman...you do so well with your copics...love the embossing too...a perfect coice

Leanne said...

Very elegant card. Beautiful embossing.

Paige said...

Oh yes, blue and white for winter! Too cute snowman...really makes me smile!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen! I love your snowman card and the transparent snowflake is neat too!

Dorcas said...

LOve the embossed details on this card and the cute bugaboo image! Great work! :-)

Mari K. said...

I love the colors you used on this, looks great!

Pam~ said...

Another cute snowman! Love the layout, details and color! Happy New Year!

Kel said...

great card. I LOVE the colors.. The image is great too.. i'm a fan of anything snowman! I am going to have to scraplift ur paper piercing idea.. it looks fantabby!

Carrie said...

love these colors and I got an easy bow maker for christmas so we'll see if I can start adding some bows to my cards too :)