Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowman Hug


Hi everyone!  I did it!!!  I finally unpacked my Janome Sewing Machine and learned how to stitch on my cards, thanks to the fabulous tutorials by Stamp TV!!!  A HUGE thanks to Gina K for the inspiration!  I'm very excited to share my very first card with real stitching.  The Snowman Hug is a digital stamp created by my friend Tami and is available in her new shop, Gingerloft.


My card base is Bazzill cardstock layered with PTI White then Forest patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Bazzill and Whiting Street patterned paper.  I used a straight stitch along the edge of both pieces of patterned paper.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers. 

I paper pierced around the edges of the image then layered it on to Bazzill cardstock.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from Denami Design and was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White.  To embellish the card I added some bling along the edge of the image and a button threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Snowman Hug (Gingerloft), Merry Christmas (Denami Design)
  • Paper: Bazzill Cardstock, PTI White, Forest Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Figgy Pudding Collection), Whiting Street Patterned Paper (Scenic Route, Roxbury Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E00, E25, E27, E29, C2, C4, R46, R59, YR04, YG93, YG95, YG97
  • Other: Stitching (Janome Sewing Machine), Clear Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Button, DMC White, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

17 comments:

Alissa said...

It's gorgeous Karen! I love that you added the stitching. I bet you'll be hooked now! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

How perfect is that background paper for your image?! Love it!

jimlynn said...

Way to go Karen!!!!!! Love the stitching - you did such wonderful straight lines too! Great job and a great card.
Lynn

Tami said...

Fabulous love the colors thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi, just saw your card on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Round blog, and just HAD to stop by and leave a comment on how gorgeous your card is! I LOVE the colours and LOVE the layout with the different angles, and the stitching is fabulous.

SmilynStef said...

Love his fun little hat ... thanks for joining the Frosty Fun at Gingersnap Creations.

Laura said...

What a cute image.And I love what you did with it.Fantastic job on the stiching.Stitching is my favorite.

Shelly Schmidt said...

OOhhhh- I love the stitching- it really adds to the card- which is fabulous! Darling image and the coloring is outstanding! TFS

Mary J said...

Such a great card - love the use of space!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss - hope to see you for our next challenge!

Mary J xxx

Donna Heber said...

So adorable! I really like that background designer paper.

KER said...

fabulous!!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely! I love how you slanted the sentiment and main image! Great stitching!

Pam~ said...

Great job with the stitching ... adds so much to your card! Great snowman and colored beautifully!

Carrie said...

What a wonderful card and I LOVE the stitching on here. It really does add such a nice touch.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Love the clean crisp lines on this card. Great to see you at A Crafty Little Place this week.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Laura VanVleet said...

Great stitching! It's really adds so much to this card! Love it!

Patty said...

Oh, how cute...love that image and great layout on your card!