Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daisy Vase


This is one of those cards where I'm not sure all the elements go together but it is slowly growing on me.  The image is the Daisy Vase digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps.  I paired it with this beautiful patterned paper I've had forever and finished it off with a pretty swirl topped with stickles.


My card base is Perfect Plum layered with PTI White then patterned paper stitched around the edges.  The shadow layer is paper pierced Summer Sun.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to Perfect Plum.  To embellish the card I added a strip of white satin ribbon and a beautiful bow.  The swirl is painted white and finished with stickles.  I also added some silver rhinestones along the image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Daisy Vase (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Perfect Plum, Summer Sun, Patterned Paper, PTI White
  • Ink: Copics YR23, YG17, YG67, B41, B45, V17, BV11, R83, R85
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, White Satin Ribbon, Chipboard Swirls (Maya Road), White Acrylic Paint (Making Memories), Star Dust Stickles, Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

13 comments:

Margreet said...

Hi Karen.....what an elegant card with beautiful colouring....your image fits perfectly with the papers!
xxx Margreet

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi! I am visiting from the Feline Playful give a comment - receive a comment event. I am now a follower! I wish you a Happy New Year filled with lots of crafting time. Great card..I like all the elements.

Karin said...

I'm here via FP...Love this sweet flower image. Bugaboo has great images and you did it proud. Love the poked holes for the little border too :) Have a great weekend!

karlinchen50 said...

Hello
your beautiful card.
The design is stunning.
Hugs Karla

Carrie said...

oh such pretty paper and i'm on a paper buying freeze lol. i love the pop of orange on here

Berenice R. said...

Hi Karen! Your card is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Faye said...

Hiya Karen. Happy 2011. Just doing the Feline Playful rounds(thank you so much for organising it, it's brilliant). I love your card, I think it works really well, especially the blingy flourish. x

Flutterby Trina said...

Hii have come from the feline playful give a comment recieve a comment! Love you cards but your cats are adorable too!!! i have become a follower!! xxxx

Ms. Jen said...

Great card. Love your colors.

Cindy Gay said...

It's a very professionally done card! Have a nice Sunday!

Marie said...

So much lovely work! Thanks for the inspiration and for all the work you do with Feline Playful!
Love n' hugs,
Marie

Alissa said...

I love how you always find the most perfect DP with your flower images. It's like this paper was made for that stamped image. I want to know how your bows always come out so perfect though. Grrr... :)

Joanna K said...

Hello, I found you trough Feline Playful and I am now following you ;) I missed the chance to join in the fun with the linky thing on time, but if you'd like to visit my blog too, I would be delighted! ;) You girls are doing such a fabulous job with the blog, so much work goes into updating the challenges etc. ;) It would be great if you'd consider arranging another give comment/ receive a comment game.

This is a beautiful card, the flowers and the colours are lovely and the paper piercing looks great!
Happy and crafty New Year!
Hugs
Joanna x