Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Winter


In celebration of the amount of snow falling around here lately it seems more appropriate to celebrate New Year's with a Happy Winter card, LOL!!! My card today features the sentiment from the Snowman Cheer digital stamp set from the Clear Dollar Store. I love the font and couldn't resist making the sentiment front and center.


My card base is Baja Breeze layered with PTI White then Blizzard Warning patterned paper.  I stitched around the edges and actually forgot a few stitches so I had to go back and finish them by hand, LOL!!!  The image was printed on PTI White then die cut and embossed using Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities.  I layered it on to Baja Breeze die cut and embossed using the Beaded Ovals Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I punched a snowflake from Blue Bayou cardstock and finished it off with a clear gem and tiny snow pearl.  I also added snow pearls in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Snowman Cheer (Clear Dollar Store)
  • Paper: Blue Bayou, Baja Breeze, PTI White, Blizzard Warning Patterned Paper (Imagination Project, Chloe's Closet, Six Below Zero Collection)
  • Other: Stitching, Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities, Beaded Ovals Nestabilities, Snowflake Punch, Clear Gem, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

15 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, Happy New Year! That font caught my eye too, your card is gorgeous I love the layout and colors you've used. Just beautiful!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Your cards are so pretty, loved "walking" through your blog!

Happy New Year and a toast to a creative 2011!!

Warm wishes, Renata

Tami said...

Those colors are so pretty and love the stitching.

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Karen, such a good idea this.I have popped over from Feline Playful and am now a follower.xxx

Alissa said...

Gorgeous card Karen!! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Alissa

E.T said...

absolutely gorgeous!

McCrafty's Cards said...

what a gorgeous card, Happy New year.
Kevin xx

Carrie said...

Happy New Year! Your card is beautifully done.

Diane said...

Hi, I found you through the Feline Playful give a comment and receive a comment, and I am now a follower, see you again soon!

Maria (inkymits) said...

Hi Karen, im here via Feline playful. Im already following and enjoy a good look round your blog when i have time!
Happy crafting!
Maria x

Bernadet said...

Gorgeous card Karen

Dixie Cochran said...

Oh, my. This card just makes me happy!!!!!

Trina said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for organizing our blog hop!

Nancy said...

Oh! This is lovely. The colors are yummy.
I've noodled around your other cards - they are wonderful. I really like your use of white to highlight the images and your wonderful coloring talents.

Scrap It Girl said...

Hello Karen, I am a follower now & I came over from your awesome Feline Playful idea.. love it! Hope everyone follows though. I love your cards!