Monday, January 10, 2011

Love Ewe


It's been awhile since I was able to play along in the Delightful Inspiration progressive challenge and forget how fun it really is!  Today's card features the Love Ewe stamp set by Designed2Delight Digital Stamps.  The chewed heart in the ewe's mouth inspired me to pair the image with some BoBunny Valentine's patterned paper.  I went back and forth debating whether to add some red photo corners or the red hearts and gold dew drops but wanted the heart in the Ewe's mouth to stand out so the hearts and dew drops won out.


My card base is Basic Black layered with Flourishes Classic White then Sweet Nothings and Tickled Pink patterned paper.  I stitched along the edges then added a strip of Real Red finished using the Scallop Dots Edge Punch.  Before adhering to the card base I added some Black Grosgrain Ribbon. 

The image was printed on Flourishes Classic White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and layered it on to Basic Black die cut using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I punched some Real Red hearts using the Heart To Heart Punch.  I also added a metallic gold dew drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Love Ewe (Designed2Delight Digital Stamps)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Flourishes Classic White, Sweet Nothings and Tickled Pink Patterned Paper (BoBunny)
  • Ink: Copics C2, C4, C6, R20, R29, G82
  • Other: Stitching, Scallop Dot Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Heart To Heart Punch (Stampin' Up), Standard Circles Small and Large Nestabilities, 3/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Metallic Gold Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

18 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Karen I love the stitching.xxx

Carrie said...

what a sweet valentine. You did a great job mixing the papers.

Mania de papel said...

Gorgeous card love that image and your colouring!! thanks a lot for your comment in my blog and I am now a follower too.

xx.

Celeste said...

Such a cute card.... I so love it.

Margreet said...

gorgeous card Karen....love that heart-eating sheep!
xxx Margreet

Faye said...

Oh this is a real cutie. x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image and your layout.
Kevin xx

Donnas Den said...

HI Karen, that's a lovely card. Cathcing up on my Feline Playful numbers.

Donna x

jimlynn said...

Oh Karen - I LOVE it!!!! What a cute, cute card! Your stitching is just perfect too! Wonderful.
LYnn

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Rachel Hope said...

So Cute!! I'm popping over from Feline Playful, can't wait to see what you have in store for us in 2011

~ Kendra ~ said...

Karen, this is beautiful!! I love what you did with the image! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Designed 2 Delight!!

Kendra

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love your card and the cute image.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a darling card- love the stitching and the great DSP!

Margo said...

What a lovely card Karen !
Greetz
Margo

Alissa said...

Oh Karen this card is just too perfect. I love that image and the way he blends with the DP. The stitching is a great touch too!

dstandard said...

Great card and love your coloring! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Tami said...

Oh you picked up the little lamb too. Very cute.