Sunday, January 16, 2011

Picture Perfect


Hi everyone!  This cute image is another wonderful creation by Sliekje Digi Stamps.  The little boy is just darling holding that rose and looks so sorry!  I think this image is picture perfect and couldn't resist encasing it in a gorgeous frame.


My card base is Riding Hood Red layered with PTI White then Brocade Blue and Kraft patterned paper from the Stampin' Up Patterned Pack and a strip of white grosgrain ribbon.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers then layered on to Riding Hood Red die cut using the Deckled Rectangles Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added Aged Copper Photo Hangers threaded with Jute Twine.  I added two small aged copper brads along the image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sorry (Sliekje Digi Stamps)
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, Brocade Blue, PTI White, Kraft Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up Patterns Pack)
  • Ink: Copics E000, E00, E43, E44, E47, B95, B97, R27, R29, YG63, YG67
  • Other: 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Deckled Rectangles Large Nestabilities, Aged Copper Photo Corners (Stampin' Up Hodgepodge Hardware), Jute Twine (Papertrey Ink) and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

22 comments:

Marie said...

Such sweet card. It really adorable!
xMarie

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! :)

Caryl P said...

This is adorable! I love the colors, and how you used the hardware. Cute, cute, cute!

Mervi said...

It's a beautiful card!
lovely image;-))m

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So beautiful and I love the way you "showcased" that beautiful image! I love Slieke"s images! Thank you for joining us at AiFactory this challenge and thanks for visiting my blog too!
Hugs,
Georgia

Jill said...

Sweet image and a really love CAS card. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, that image is sweet, I really like your layout and colour combo.
Kevin xx

Rainmac said...

Awww Karen, what a gorgeous card, I love the image and colours you've used. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge of 2011, good luck xxx

Caroljenks said...

Stunning card - those photo hangers are amazing!

Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Liz said...

Hello Karen,
Super Card there,great image! Lovely work :)
Thank you so much for playing with CYDA

Liz xx

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. Particularly like the little hangers and the red frame.

Christy Dillman said...

Perfectly wonderful card, love that yummy color pallet! Thanks for joining us this week at Kaboodle Doodles!

Hugs,
Christy

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the sweet image- and the colors on your card are wonderful!

Carrie said...

aww now see Karen you're making me wish I had a printer! Holy moly is this card ever cute and that image is well too darling for words and makes me think of my son. Love it!!

PCJ said...

He looks so cute that you'd have no choice but to forgive him, even without the rose!

Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week and I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Lisa x

Benzi said...

I absolutely adore this sweet image. Your card is super and I like the hardware used. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's this week for the die cut challenge.

Eiglas said...

Such a sweet image! Lovely card where less is more.
Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

PaulaM said...

Ahhhh, how sweet - what an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

Samantha said...

Oh Hello! I am so stupid did not realise you had your own blog too! Doh! so I am now a follower! brilliant card! thanks for joining us on the Top Tip Tuesday challenge Samantha :0)

Marilyn said...

So cute Karen... I've never seen those digis before but will go check them out. This is such a sweet image & I love the top clips & the clever way you 'hanged' them.

Anita Hovey said...

Fabulous card. I love her images, but haven't acutally used any LOL Thanks for sharing at Raise the Bar this week.

~*Joni said...

Karen this is so adorable! This image is such a cutie, I would forgive him for anything he did. ;) Please come and see this post here to see your name in lights! :)