Friday, January 14, 2011

Sweet Poppies


This card is reminisent of another I made not too long ago and the image is one of my favorite flowers from the Digi Doodle Shop.  I paired the beautiful Poppy & Bud with scallops and my favorite background, the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  My card also features pink and green cardstock so I'm entering it in the current challenge with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.


My card base is Basic Black layered with PTI White then Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi.  I embossed both the Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi cardstock using my Swiss Dots Embossing Folder then stitched around the edges.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using Standard Circles Small Nestabilites then layered it on Basic Black die cut using Classic Scalloped Circles Small Nestabilities. 

For added dimension I pierced a hole in each scallop.  To embellish the card I added white satin ribbon with a bow at the base of the image and finished it with a black button threaded with DMC White.  I also added a metallic gold dew drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Poppies (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics R83, R85, G82, G94
  • Other: Stitching, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, Classic Scalloped Circles Small Nestabilities, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, White Satin Ribbon, Black Button, DMC White, Metallic Gold Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

Laura VanVleet said...

What a pretty card, Karen! Love the colors!

Katja said...

I'm a big fan of your flower-cards, they are all awesome!! This one is really stunning! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Greetings,
Katja (DDSB-DT)

jimlynn said...

Karen, you just make the most sensational cards with flowers! They're all so pretty and this is no exception. It's gorgeous.
Lynn

Sara said...

So pretty Karen! thanks for playing along with DDSB!

craftybunny said...

So pretty.Love how you've coloured the flowers to match the card perfectly.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Tracy said...

Very pretty Karen! Beautiful card design and you did a lovely job on the image. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Paige said...

Beautiful creation Karen! I love how you paired the two main colors in the background - very effective!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alissa said...

Really pretty Karen. I keep meaning to ask how you like the stitching. My goal this weekend is to give it a try.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Such a pretty creation! Love the pink/green color combo!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty card- I love flowers- esp the ones on cards- they do not make me sneeze!

Em said...

Such a beautiful card! I can see why this is one of you're favorite stamps it's a very gentle and elegant flower!

Karen said...

Hi Karen, lovely to see you. This is lovely, one of my favourite flower images too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Julie said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle shop's Best
Hugs,
Julie