Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Rock My World


The image used on today's card is the You Rock My World digital stamp from the Skelekinz Boys Collection by Bugaboo Stamps. The patterned paper reminds me of bright lights on center stage and seemed perfect for the image.  My inspiration came from this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Midweek challenge to make cards for kids.  I'm also entering the Flourishes challenge for using hardware and Allsorts for making a card for a boy!


My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with PTI White then DCWV patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Tangerine Tango outlined with a Black Zig Pen.  The sentiment and image were printed on PTI White and the image colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges of the image then layered it on to Chocolate Chip patterned paper. To embellish the card I added aged copper fasteners attached with small copper brads.  I also added a couple black pearls along the edge of the image.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: You Rock My World (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, DCWV Patterned Paper and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics EOO, E01, E71, E74, E77, BV13, YR16, YR18
  • Other: Black Zig Pen, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Aged Copper Fasteners and Small Brads, Black Pearls (KaiserCraft) and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh Karen, How Cute! Rockin'!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Cute, my hair looks like that in the morning.

StampTramps said...

Karen, he's great!!!!

Sherry Hickey said...

Your card rocks, Karen; love all the elements esp. the hardware!!

Atticelf said...

LOVE it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, this is so cute! Love the Bug A Boo image :) Thanks for playing in our MWT challenge at Operation Write Home!

Carrie said...

how awesome. this is my 6yr old he thinks he's a rock star