Friday, February 25, 2011

April Daisy


Hi everyone!  Today's card was created using the April Daisy digital stamp from Heart Song Designs.  I softened the background using the D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder and paired it with the beautiful Doily Lace Edge Punch.


My card base is Basic Black layered with PTI White then Yoyo Yellow embossed using the D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder.  The shadow layer is Treasured Brights layered with a small strip of Yoyo Yellow finished using the Doily Lace Edge Punch.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on Basic Black.  To embellish the card I wrapped organdy ribbon around the card base and a bow over the flower stems.  I also added some Pearl Dew Drops along the Doily Lace Edge.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: April Daisy (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, PTI White, Treasured Brights (Colorbok)
  • Ink: Copics Y02, Y06, Y08, G07
  • Other: Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Doily Lace Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Paper Piercing, White Organdy Ribbon, Pearl Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

19 comments:

Carrie said...

Your card is so cheery. I like that yellow and I'm not a big yellow fan but paired with that green and image it just screams sunshine to me which is perfect background for your flowers.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love all the pearls. So pretty.
Lynn

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

lovely daisy!

Shirley G said...

it's beautiful. Makes me want to play in the dirt. Come on Summer!

La Vikinga said...

I like your card very much ( and the last one too) and specially the embossed detail on the paper behind!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

Larisa said...

Nice flowers) Yellow is my favourite colour) Hugs. Larisa. xx

trisha too said...

Now THIS is what I needed to see today: something sunshine-y and spring-y and bright and cheeful!

THANK YOU!!

:)

Beate said...

So soft and pretty! Lovely card.
Hugs and smiles

Cindylu2u said...

Your card is sooo pretty, I like the paper piercing on it and the Dew drops, very nice!!

Peggy said...

So pretty, Karen. I love Spring and this card reminds me of it. Beautiful coloring.

Debbi said...

What beautiful a card! I love the color and the embossing.
*smiles*
debbi

Hlora said...

oh, so beautiful card) The yellow flowers are what I love a lot))))

Craftyanny said...

love this Karen, so fresh and clean looking
Anne x

ShellBell said...

So pretty! I miss spring so much, and this card is so sunny!

Linda Dale said...

I love your cards. Come visit and check mind out if you get a chance. Thanks. www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

This is a card that puts a smile on your face....
smiles...Tammy

Maureen Reiss said...

Your card is beautiful!! Love the paper piercing!

Penni said...

What a pretty card. I love the addition of the pearls at the bottom.

Hugs
Penni
X

Юлія said...

The card is really fantastic :D I love that it is so sunny and so warm. Thumbs up :D