Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bravo Burgundy Mums


Hi everyone!  Today's card pairs Bravo Burgundy and this beautiful Mums digital stamp from Starry Nights Studio.  I dressed it up by framing the Mums in the Beaded Ovals and embossing the background with my new Victoria Embossing Folder.


My card base is Bravo Burgundy layered with Flourishes White then Kiwi Kiss embossed using the Victoria Embossing Folder then stitched around the edges.  The shadow layer is Kraft finished on both sides using the Eyelet Border Punch.  I wrapped white satin ribbon around the Flourishes White and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was printed on Flourishes White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities and layered it on to Bravo Burgundy die cut using the Beaded Ovals Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a beautiful bow at the base of the stems and some silver rhinestones in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Mums (Starry Nights Studio)
  • Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, Flourishes White
  • Ink: Copics R39, R59, YG95, YG97
  • Other: Stitching, Eyelet Border Punch (Stampin' Up), White Satin Ribbon, Victoria Embossing Folder, Beaded Ovals Nestabilities, Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities, Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Kras said...

Card dreamers. Very delicate and beautiful.

Vanessa said...

Karen, very pretty!! Love all your stitching! :D

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! :)

Paige said...

Stunning color combo!

Alissa said...

This card gets more beautiful every time I see it Karen!!!

Larisa said...

wow!!! What a great ribbon on the top!! It makes a card to be so spesial)))
hugs. Larisa.xx

Carrie said...

burgandy and that kiwi look so good together. I love the folder you paired with this too.

Margie said...

Beautiful colors! Love your blog!

trisha too said...

Lovely! I saw your link for this post in your sidebar, and had to check it out when I saw "Bravo Burgundy." My friend and I have an ongoing discussion--she thinks it's NOT an attractive color, but I think (and your card is a beautiful example) that it's quite lush!

Sheree said...

Beautiful card!! Love that embossing folder!