Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flowers Bumble Bee


Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share with you that I've been invited to be a designer for Heart Song Designs. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled and excited I was when Leah Cornelius contacted me about joining the design team. I'm really looking forward to sharing some of the amazing images she has to offer.

In addition to seeing all my favorite images here on Feline Creative the design team will also be sharing some of their fabulous creations each day over at Heart Song Inspirations so be sure to stop by and check it out.  Before I share today's card details, please let me introduce you to the rest of the Heart Song Designs designers:
And now, a close up of today's card creation:


Today's card was created using the Heart Song Designs Flowers Bumble Bee digital stamp available as a freebie on CDAC this week for the Free Digi Challenge.  Grab the image and play along then come join the Heart Song Design group and show us what you created.

My card base is Basic Black layered with Flourishes Classic White Cardstock then some pretty embossed designer paper. The lower portion is Kraft Cardstock finished on one side using the Grass Edge Punch. I stitched around the edges then wrapped some black grosgrain ribbon around the card base and added a pretty bow in front.

The image was printed on Flourishes Classic White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to Basic Black Cardstock. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. To embellish the card I added a button threaded with DMC White in the center of the bow.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Flowers Bumble Bee (Heart Song Designs) and Miss You! (Savvy Stamps)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Kraft, Flourishes Classic White Cardstock, Embossed Designer Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics T6, G94, G99, Y11, Y13, V91, V93, V95, V99
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), 3/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Carrie said...

oh now see there you go enabling me again lol. I was going to ask what new embossing folder you used but it was embossed dp...how cool. Love it! Such a pretty card.

Ceal said...

super cuteness!

Chrissy D said...

SWEET image and card - love your design. I look forward to seeing more of your creations and working with you on the team! Be blessed!

ShellBell said...

Karen, your card is really pretty! Love the image and sentiment, and the bow is so cute too!
Looking forward to working with you on the new DT!
Shelly

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful i am so looking forward to working with you! Cant wait for it all to start! Speak soon


xxx

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

Patty said...

Beautiful! Love that embossed background!

Lauren said...

This is so cute! I love the colors and your paper piercing! I'm happy to be on the DT with you!

Davi said...

Karen the colors you used are wonderful!! I love the embossing and piercing.

Alissa said...

Really cute Karen! That image is great! I especially love that background embossing though!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Karen this is so pretty, love the colors and that sweet little image. My resolution is to try and stitch on my cards, yours is so prefect.