Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Birds


Hi everyone!  When I print out digital stamps I usually print a couple so that if I mess up coloring the first one or don't like the color combination I have another one ready to go.  Most of the time though I end up liking the first image so I color the other one like it then dream up different layouts and card designs.  Today's card was created using the Heart Song Designs Love Birds digital stamp.  HERE is the card I created with the first image, notice how I colored the buds pink on the first one.


My card base is Basic Black layered with PTI White then Sweet Nothings patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Basic Black and Forget Me Knots patterned paper.  I stitched the edges of both pieces of patterned paper.  The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to Basic Black.  To embellish the card I wrapped Black Satin Ribbon around the shadow layer and added a pretty bow finished with a white button threaded with DMC White.  I also added a couple red paper flowers finished with metallic silver dew drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Love Birds (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, Sweet Nothings and Forget Me Knots Patterned Paper (BoBunny)
  • Ink: Copics R08, E43, E47, B01, B02, YG17, YG67
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Black Satin Ribbon, White Button, DMC White, Red Paper Flowers, Metallic Silver Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

9 comments:

Carrie said...

another great card with this image Karen. I love the black on this card it really makes everything pop.

jimlynn said...

Lovely card! Your sewing is fantastic too. So pretty.
Lynn

Margo said...

Your card is just perfect !
Greetz
Margo

Larisa said...

SO much romantic card) The birds are os nice) Love your colouring)))

theCook said...

What a beautiful card! Love the color combo!

Abi said...

Hi Karen, good to be working with you. I adore the colours of this card, it's just gorgeous xx

Thea said...

Hello Karen,

I like your cards! They are beautiful. And your blog is also great with all the tutorials, thank you!

Greetings from the Netherlands
Thea

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card Karen, I like your color combination!

Lici4ka said...

Очень милая открытка. Необычное сочетание цветов.