Saturday, February 5, 2011

Owls and Bluebells


As soon as I laid eyes on these cute little owls with those adorable heart shaped faces I knew I had to have them and this collection of patterned paper by BoBunny really has me inspired.  The layout for this card is clean and simple but I love it none the less.  I added some metallic silver ribbon and dew drops to really make it sparkle.


My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with PTI White then Sweet Nothings patterned paper.  It is hard to tell in this photo but I paper pierced around the edges of the patterned paper.  The shadow layer is Heart Attack patterned paper layered on Chocolate Chip.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a strip and bow from metallic silver ribbon and a metallic silver dew drop in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Owls and Bluebells (My Favorite Things)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, PTI White, Sweet Nothings and Heart Attack Patterned Paper (BoBunny)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics R20, R22, R24, E25, E29
  • Other: Metallic Silver Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Metallic Silver Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

4 comments:

Larisa said...

wow! So cute owls!!! very nice colouring Karen! The papers are fantastic!! Love your creation)))

Faye said...

Lovely, really tweet! And fab colour combo too. x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great image- wonderful coloring. Another great card.

Paige said...

I can see why you had to have this image - too cute!