Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two Little Lovebirds


Hi everyone!  Today's card is really special to me because the pink knit flower was crocheted by my mother.  I fell in love with this image as soon as I saw it.  I think it is so pretty paired with my favorite valentine's patterned paper.  The beautiful Love Birds are just one of my favorite digital stamps from Heart Song Designs.


My card base is Pink Pirouette layered with white cardstock then Heart Attack and Heart Throb Stripe patterned paper.  I stitched around the edges then added a strip of Bazzill Cardstock finished on both sides using the Eyelet Border Punch.  The image was printed on white cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to Pink Pirouette.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Flirty Phrases stamp set then punched out using the Word Window Punch.  To embellish the card I layered a red paper flower with a pink knit flower then added another red flower finished with a white pearl flower.  I also added some snow pearls along the edge of the image and below the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Love Birds (Heart Song Designs), Flirty Phrases (Verve Stamps)
  • Paper: Pink Pirouette, Gina K White Pure Luxury, Heart Attack and Heart Throb Stripe (BoBunny), Bazzill Cardstock
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics RV10, R08, E43, E47, B01, B02, YG17, YG67
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Eyelet Border Punch (Stampin Up), Paper Flowers, Knit Flower, White Pearl Flower (Accent Creative Designs), Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Word Window Punch, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it Karen, love the flower!

Carrie said...

I think that flower is the perfect embellishment to go with that image. What a wonderful card

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Karen,I love the knitted flower.xxx

Peggy said...

Another great card, Karen. Love your coloring. I can understand why the flower is special. A very nice added touch.

Linda w said...

Love the image, and the crocheted flower is just lovely. Hugs lin

Gina L said...

Your mom did a great job with the crocheted flower and I love how you added it to such a pretty card. Great color combination!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a stunning card and that flower from your mom is gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

Karen, this is beautiful!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Karen!
this is lovely! so beautifully coordinated with your colors & papers! your stitching & flower are such nice touches! great job!
hugs & blessings!

JustYolie said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- this is a great image- I love the pretty crocheted flower- what a perfect accent- I gotta make me some of those!

Vanessa said...

I really love this card! Love the colors together!! :) Nice work!