Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ana and Flower


Hi everyone!  I hope you like bright colors because the image used on today's card screamed at me to use them and once I did I couldn't resist adding lots of sparkle to go with it.  The beautiful image is the Ana and Flower digital stamp from Heart Song Desgins.  The owner/illustrator of Heart Song Designs named the little birdie in the image after her little girl, how sweet is that!!!


My card base is Rose Red layered with Flourishes White then two strips of patterned paper.  I stitched around each strip of patterned paper then wrapped ribbon around the white cardstock and added a bow in front.  The image was printed on Flourishes White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered on to Rose Red die cut using the Classic Scalloped Rectangles Small Nestabilities.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Flourishes White and punched out using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch then layered on to patterned paper punched out using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch then on Rose Red punched out using the Scallop Circle Punch.  To embellish the card I added rhinestones along the scalloped edge and a button threaded with DMC White in the center of the bow.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Ana and Flower (Heart Song Designs), Just For You (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Rose Red, Flourishes White, DCWV Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics RV19, R39, YR04, Y08, Y18, G24, G28, G29, B12, B14, B16
  • Other: Stitching, Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Paper Piercing, Classic Scalloped Rectangle Small Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Silver Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

9 comments:

SandraW said...

Love your card! Bright colours are my favourite. :-D

Hugs, Sandra

Pami said...

This is a gorgeous image and I really love the blue and the red together. Wonderful! Pami x

Gea said...

Beautiful card!
Love the colours
-x- Gea

Paula S. said...

This card is a beauty Karen! It would be perfect in this weeks MWT (Scallops) at OWH...so go enter it so everyone gets to see it! :)

Jenn said...

Very pretty card! I just love the colours! :)

Stephanie said...

Fantastic work!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! I made me smile! I love the fresh color combo you used.

Carrie said...

I love the bling on your scallop circle. This card is awesome, really cute image, love that blue and red and the green striped ribbon.

Alissa said...

This is the card that stuck out for me. I love that paper and that eyelet circle.