Monday, March 21, 2011

Bird House


Hi everyone, Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend!  My husband said he heard a robin chirping in our yard this weekend so I couldn't resist sharing this cute card.  Hopefully our back yard will look like this again very soon.  It rained a little over the weekend and melted more of the snow so now everything looks all brown and dull.  The image used on today's card is the Bird House digital stamp by Heart Song Designs.  The image is SO cute and those birds are absolutely darling!


My card base is Really Rust layered with PTI White then Large Rec Flowers patterned paper.  The green patterned paper is actually just the reverse side of the Large Rec Flowers PP and was finished using the Grass Edge Punch.  Next I wrapped a strip of the White Satin Ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down on the backside. 

The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities and layered it on to Really Rust die cut and embossed using the Beaded Ovals Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a beautiful bow at the base of the image and some Ice Blue Rhinestones in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Bird House (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Really Rust, PTI White, Large Rec Flowers (Chatterbox)
  • Ink: Copics G21, G24, B91, B93, B95, B97, E15, E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, Y21
  • Other: Stitching, Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Beaded Ovals and Classic Ovals Small Nestabilities, White Satin Ribbon, Ice Blue Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

14 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

lovely card with the birds, so sweet!

Jade said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids!

*Vicki* said...

Hi Karen!! WOW!! This is very lovely!! Your coloring and your layout is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing this darling creation and stopping by my blog!! Hope to see you around again! HUGS

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love the DPs and colours you have used.

Liza x

Delphine said...

Hello Karen! Your card is gorgeous and the image is adorable! Thank you very much for your visit and telling me you are following me, I had not seen you!!! Your cards are fantastic too and I am your newest follower too:-)! Enjoy the rest of your day! Hugs Delphine xx

Sheree said...

Beeeeeautiful!! Another fabulous creation Karen!
The image is sooo cute and love your colouring! Great papers you used as well... I wish I could tie bows as well as you!
Hugs,
Sheree

Wendalyn said...

Your card is adorable Karen. I love those colors together they go great. I love the A2 also I seem to have a hard time making anything that size not sure why? Thanks for the comments on my blog. Just noticed you ain't too far away we are in Coon Rapids.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an adorable image and your coloring is exceptional!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!!!

Mandy said...

Hi Karen,
Beautiful card,love the colours and image...Just wanted to say thank you for your visit and lovely comment,but like Delphine said in the comment above I had not noticed you on my followers so sorry,I haven't been by sooner...
Mandy x

Cindy said...

karen, I love your card!! THose birdies are so cute. Your coloring is fantastic!! Makes you think of spring!!!
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back again!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Karen,
Your card is delightful! And I saw 4 robins in my yard! Yipee! I can't wait for the dreary winterscape goes away! Thank you for playing with us at IDIC this week. Good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great creation! Love it!:)

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ :)

Maggie
xx

Padster said...

Gorgeous - thanks for joining our spring challenge at IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie

Gale said...

Beautiful card. Love the die-cut. Thanks for sharing with us at GingerLoft Challenges! Gale :)