Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Cherished Friendship


Hi everyone!  I was inspired to create this card as soon as I saw these awesome sketches on the Doodle Pantry Challenge Blog.  My layout actually combines my favorite elements from both sketches.


The beautiful pre-colored flower is from the Iris digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry. The set also includes the lovely sentiment and gorgeous digital paper I used in the background. It is hard to tell in this photo but I distressed the edges of all the paper and image with black ink. To embellish the card I added stitched ribbon and clear rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Iris (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Summer Sun, PTI White, Iris Patterned Paper (Doodle Pantry)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Stitching, Scalloped Edge Punch (Stampin' Up), Designer Label Punch (Stampin' Up), Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities, Stitched Ribbon (Stampin' Up), Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Victoria Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

20 comments:

cebelica said...

Very pretty card.

Heide said...

So very pretty! Love your papers.

Patty said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combination.

K. Joy said...

This is beautiful! I like all the layers and the colors are fabulous! Very springy. :) Thanks for sharing, and thanks for playing at the DPDC#10!!

jimlynn said...

Lovely card and wonderful colors! So very pretty. Great use of those sketches too.
Lynn

Pam~ said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love the colors you used ... beautiful! Nice take on both layouts.

Inspired By Friends said...

Beautiful card. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Lelishna said...

very beautiful!! wonderful colors!

Heide said...

Such a pretty card, love the DP with the image.Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry. Hope to see you again.
Hugs, Heide
DP DT

Tania said...

I love everything about this card and your interpretation of the sketches! Great work!

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Karen, love the layout, it really shows the flowers off beautifully
Anne x

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Your color of it is perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge at Stamping with the Dragon.

Anne Temple said...

Absolutely beautiful. The iris is one of my favorite flowers. Thanks for joining us as Stamping with the Dragon this week.

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! So gorgeous!! Love your colors!!HUGS

Mami Doodles said...

Lovely card! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

Tammy said...

Great ribbon with that gorgeous flower.
smiles...Tammy

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, so very,very pretty, I love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Doodle Pantry (DPDC#10).

Laurie said...

Absolutely gorgeous design and I love the yellow being the accent color. Really stands out! Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 10!

Sharon Basel said...

Your card is gorgeous Karen! I especially love the yellow accent color used throughout. It really is a stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry.
Sharon :)

Sheree said...

Your iris is beautiful! Love the layout and papers you chose too! Purrrfet every time!
Have you heard of the Bow Easy?? I picked one up because of my arthritic hands. Making different sized bows is soooo easy with this little piece of plastic!