Monday, March 7, 2011

Morning Glory


Hi everyone!  Today's card features one of my all time favorite floral stamps, it is from the Morning Soft stamp set by Stampin' Up.  The image is a bit larger so I always end up making a 6x6 card with it but love the change in size since it jarbles things up in my brain a little and makes me think of a different layout.  The white scallop circle in the backgroud is from the Yours Truly collection I found at Archivers.


My card base is Chocolate Chip layered with PTI White the Lovely Lilac.  I stitched around the edges then added photo corners punched from Wild Wasabi and embossed using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  The image was stamped on PTI White using the Morning Soft stamp set and colored in using copic makers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on to Chocolate Chip before attaching to the case base over the beautiful White Scallop Note.  To embellish the card I added silver rhinestones along the scallop circle note.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Morning Soft (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Lovely Lilac, Eco-White Scallop Circle Note (Archivers, Your Truly) and PTI White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics BV02, BV04, YG17, YG67, E47
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Silver Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Photo Corner Punch and Mounting Tape

18 comments:

Carrie said...

absolutely beautiful

Larisa said...

LOve this flower)) I wonder you make one card better than the last one. And all are so beautiful))

jimlynn said...

Karen, I can see why it's a favorite set! What a wonderful image. Your coloring on this one is just awesome!! Stunning.
Lynn

Craftyanny said...

oh this is beautiful Karen, love the purple. A smashing card
Anne x

Eseniya said...

Открытка - прелесть! )) Очень нравится! ))

Sherry Kushibab said...

Lovely card - colors making me yearn for spring and seeing some flowers in the garden. Like the piercing and scalloped circle background.

Erica said...

Super card, beautiful. Hugs Erica.

Sheree said...

I have this set too and it's one of my favourites! I love your layout and your colouring is perfect... I can almost see them twirling their way around my yard!

Dana said...

Karen this is absolutely stunning!! Love your photo corners too!
Hugs~
Dana

Tammy said...

Such a pretty card....caught my eye right off the bat.
smiles...Tammy

Frea said...

Hi Karen, wow such a pretty card!! Love morning glory, have had them in my garden and they just seem to go on blooming!! Hugs, Frea

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- gorgeous- love the pretty colors and the cool layout. TFS

Klarysa. said...

beautiful card!

Alissa said...

I just bought a corner punch. Bookmarking for inspiration. TFS Karen!

Lelishna said...

very beautiful design!!

Divinity said...

beautiful!!! love love the purple! :)

Michele said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! LOVE the flower, and love the bright purple you colored it!! Really stunning and eye-catching!!

Hugs!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, another WOW card. The colors are stunning and your gorgeous image pops right off the page!