Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Year In Flowers: Pansy


Hi everyone! I don't know if I'm a huge fan of blue flowers but I sure LOVE the soft blue and brown colors paired together in this card.  Today's card features some beautiful Sky Ivy patterned paper by Chatterbox. Both sides were so lovely I couldn't resist pairing them together. The image is from the A Year In Flowers 1 stamp set by Flourishes.


My card base is Flourishes White layered with Sky Ivy patterned paper then the reverse side of the same patterned paper. I stitched around the edges then added another strip for the shadow layer. The image was printed on Flourishes White then colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges before attaching to the card base with mounting tape. To embellish the card I added grosgrain ribbon, a beautiful bow and buttons threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: A Year In Flowers (Flourishes)
  • Paper: Flourishes White, Sky Ivy Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Copics G94, G99, B91, B93, B95, B97
  • Other: Stitching, Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing, PTI Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

lovely flowers! I really like the colour!

Carrie said...

this is so pretty Karen. Wow I love that dp and great color inspiration

Eseniya said...

Очень нежная красивая открытка!!! )) Цветовая гамма великолепная! ))

SandraW said...

Hi, Karen!
What a beautiful card you made! And I adore the colour combination. Blue and brown, one of my favourites! :-D

Simply love it!

Hugs, Sandra

Jackie said...

This is a beautiful card Karen! I love the colors you used...tfs!!!

Erica said...

Wow I love the color combi too, it's very nice, and the stamp is cute. Hugs Erica.

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo you used.

Sheree said...

I love Flourishes!! Your pansies are gorgeous and your colouring is perfectly done!
I really like those dp's too!!
Thanks for sharing!!

jimlynn said...

Just gorgeous Karen.....and I LOVE your coloring. Wonderful.
Lynn

TINAS HAVEN said...

Hi Karen, I love the color blue, your card is lovely, Tina x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
long time no see
the cards you've made are just stunning, i just love them all
have a great day hunni
hugs angelique

E.T said...

Gorgeous!