Thursday, March 3, 2011

You Put A Song In My Heart


Hi everyone!  This card could so easily be a photo of my back yard.  We have two bird houses my husband custom built for the martins although it confounds him when all the sparrows move in, LOL!  We also have six bird feeders and two bird baths.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how many pounds of bird food we go through a summer but it is so worth seeing all the beautiful birds!  The Bird House featured in today's card is a digital stamp by Heart Song Designs.  I honestly LOVE everything about this image.


My card base is Brocade Blue layered with Flourishes White then Rec Stripes patterned paper.   Down the left side I added a thin strip of Flourishes White finished on one side using the Diamond Edge Punch and an even thinner strip of Rec Stripes patterned paper.  The image was printed on Flourishes White and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on Brocade Blue.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Flourishes White using the Swan Song stamp set.  To embellish the card I added a beautiful bow made from So Saffron Ribbon and a few Sunflower Dew Drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Bird House (Heart Song Designs) and Swan Song (Verve Stamps)
  • Paper: Brocade Blue, Flourishes White and Rec Stripes Patterned Paper (Chatter Box)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics G21, G24, B91, B93, B95, B97, E15, E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, Y21
  • Other: Fiskars Diamond Edge Punch, Paper Piercing, So Saffron Ribbon, Sunflower Dew Drops, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

25 comments:

Karen said...

Very Nice. I love seeing all the spring creations as I love love springtime. Something about it just makes me happy.

Happy Blogging,
Karen

http://emptynestboutique.blogspot.com

Frea said...

Hi Karen, this sure is a lovely image!!! And don't you long for spring and summer, to see all the birds in the garden again?! Hugs,Frea

Erica said...

This is a great card, and the stamp is fab !
I have also a lot of birds in my garden, all around the birdhouse, so I know your vieuw. It's wonderful. Hugs Erica.

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Karen,I love the image and those wonderful Backing papers.xxx

JennyKozar said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime.

scripperscrapper said...

Such a beautiful card. LOVE that image!! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Crafting Journey.
~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

Tammy L said...

I love the colors of this! It is sooo striking! I was instantly drawn to it. Thanks for joining the Crazy challenge this week and hope to see you again!
-Tammy

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the colours and the image is great. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.

Nikki F x

Khristen said...

LOVE this so very much, especially the visual appeal of the paper piercing :) Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week! xoxo

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Karen! I LOVE that diamond border punch!! I’m so glad that you joined us at Cooking it up with Katie this week!

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful! Thank you for playing the KB Challenge :)

lisbeth said...

Love the card, Thanks for playing with Cooking it Up with Katie challenge

laney said...

Super card Karen!!!Thanks for 'Cooking it up with katie'
hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Carrie's Corner said...

Love your card and it's clean lines. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges!

Hugs
Carrie

Sheree said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colour combo and your colouring is perfect! Well done!

OmaGloria said...

Very sweet card. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

Carrie said...

WOW I love that border, oh no I see another border punch I'm going to need. :) Great colors and cute image.

darling Ho said...

Lovely card and pretty colours.:)
Thanks for sharing it at CCH, hope to see you again. ~~hugs~darling Ho~~

Scrapbook Sisters Blog said...

Such an adorable card. Glad you chose to share it with us at Scrapbook Sisters card challenge. xxx

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous card, Karen, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week. WendyR xx

Katie said...

Super cute Spring card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Julie said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Sarabeth said...

gorgeous border and colors!

thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey's Things w/ Wings challenge!

xo
Sarabeth-DT

Michele said...

Something tells me you like birds, LOL!!! Awesome that hubby built the birdhouses!! Makes them extra special I think!! :-)

Hugs!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Brook said...

Wonderful card. Love your colors!