Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birth Flowers: June Rose


Hi everyone!  I have a HUGE stash of paper flowers that I rarely use because I don't know how to arrange them on my cards but this week's Sketches With Heart Challenge #5 over at Heart Song Inspirations took all the guess work out of it for me and I was able to create this beautiful card using some of my favorite paper flowers.


The gorgeous flower featured on today's card is the June Rose digital stamp by Heart Song Designs.  I paired it with No.1 Stripes Patterned Paper from the Out & About Collection by My Minds Eye.  I LOVE the colors in this patterned paper and can't wait to play with it some more. 

To embellish the card I created a floral arrangement using paper flowers finished with Kraft cardstock punched out using the Trio Flower Punch and added a snow pearl in the center.  The leaves were punched out using the Oak Leaf Punch.  I also added a strip of ribbon and bow finished with a button threaded with DMC White.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: June Rose (Heart Song Designs)
  • Paper: Old Olive, PTI Dark Brown and White, No.1 Stripes Patterned Paper (My Minds Eye, Out & About Collection)
  • Ink: Copics R24, R27, YG63, YG67
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Red Wired Ribbon, Button, DMC Ivory, Paper Flowers, Trio Flower Punch (Stampin' Up), Oak Leaf Punch (Martha Stewart), Snow Pearls (KaiserCraft), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

29 comments:

AN said...

Juhlava ja kaunis kortti1
Ruusu on upea ja sopii moneen tilanteeseen!
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen tällä viikolla
Onnea arvontaan
Ihanaa ja rentouttavaa sunnuntaita sinulle!;)

La Vikinga said...

Beautiful card and roses! I also like the small flowers with a pearl inside!

La Vikinga / Charlotta

ChickieChirps said...

Awesome card! I love your layout and your flowers look fabulous! The stitching around the frame completes it! Thanks for joining us in the Little Miss Muffet stitching challenge!

Arabella

jimlynn said...

Great use of those flowers Karen and just a lovely, beautiful card.
So pretty.
Lynn

Teresa Jenkins said...

So pretty! Love the colors and your paper flowers are stunning! The stitches add a wonderful touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at DDH.

Mary C said...

This is a such a lovely card Karen. I love the roses and your fantastic sewing (I can't seem to sew at all). Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Lovely creation dear.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I love that rose,and the backing papers.
Kevin xx

*Vicki* said...

Such gorgeous flowers and a stunning layout!! Smiles, Vicki

Ellis said...

Beautiful card! =)
Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems! =)
Hugs, Elenor DT

Scrappin Chris said...

Love the color of the rose. Wonderful coloring. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's Digital Gems, All about the Roses, challenge

Chris
Lead Designer

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card Karen, those flowers look so rich. Love it
Thanks for joining us this week on Karen's Doodles
Anne x

Vanessa said...

Your card is great! Flowers perfectly paired with the dp!! NICE job!! :D

tampatha said...

I love this card! The color combo is gorgeous. Great job. Thanks for joining our challenge at the crazy challenge this week.
-Tammy

Tanya S said...

Wow very beautiful!Thanks for joining us at Craft your passions!!

KER said...

stunning...love everything

Peggy said...

Karen, your card is beautiful. Your coloring matches perfectly the flowers you added. I have an award for you on my blog. Please drop by to pick it up. http:dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

You did a fabulous job on this card Karen...your flowers are beautifully put.
Smiles...Tammy

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Karen, gorgeous, gorgeous card I love that deep red flowers so beautiful thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Ellis said...

Thanks for your nice comment, I love Michelle Perketts images too! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Michelle Single said...

Love the colors of this!!! Stunning! Thanks for playing with DDH!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the papers and colors.

Alissa said...

This card is stunning. Those flowers are such a nice touch!

Beth aka BR-T said...

HOW LOVELY! Thanks for playing along with the Your Next Stamp's "stitching" challenge!

DoodleDee Designs said...

This is so so pretty. I love your added flowers - they really work perfectly with your main image.

Thank you for joining us for the Your Next Stamp Challenge.

Diana :)

~Vittory~ said...

The card is gorgeous! I like red rose!
Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Challenge. Hope to see you again!
With best regards,
Viktoria.

...just Barbara said...

Your card is gorgeous and the coloring of the flower with your embellishments is spot on! Love the layout and your white stitching is a perfect touch. Thanks for playing along in the "Stitching" challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! :D

Carrie said...

this is so pretty and I love all the flowers on here.

Mami Doodles said...

Gorgeous! The vivid red really makes the card pop. Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.